Customizing/programming Car Options

jobyfreddel

When I purchased my 350, I was never informed by the dealer about the ability to customize certain options in the car at the mile checkup. He basically told me it was an optional checkup if I had any issues or questions, to bring it in. I found out later that this was the time to get the light timer/windows/moon roof/etc customized and now they will charge me. I'd rather not pay for this and can live without it but is there anyway I can do this myself? I assume not, but no harm in asking...

I wasn't informed of the option to program out certain features at the 1k service either. There was only one I seriously wanted (to turn off the seat belt chime when not used). After I pick up my mail and drive about 4 houses to my home, I don't see the need for the seatbelt. Lexus did this for me, at no charge, at the 5k service. I don't believe there is a way to do it yourself without the proper computerized equipment. The service writer also said it was not possible to feature out the chime on previous year models (I guess he was referring to the '08 and '07).

If your dealer will not do that for free I would switch dealers. Must be lucky here in Indy, the dealer is fantastic.

I have been extremely impressed with my service rep at Park Place Lexus in Grapevine, TX (Abe is fantastic) - I had this issue at about 7500 miles and he just took care of it - no questions - no nothing.

Excellent customer service.

I'd rather not pay for this and can live without it but is there anyway I can do this myself? I assume not, but no harm in asking...

I'm having some difficulty with the concept of buying a $30,000+ car and then not being willing to spend a small amount of money to customize settings that will add to the enjoyment of the car over a long period of time.

The cost of customizing the settings on my Lexus was less than most Lexus dealers charge for an oil change.

I'm having some difficulty with the concept of buying a $30,000+ car and then not being willing to spend a small amount of money to customize settings that will add to the enjoyment of the car over a long period of time.

The cost of customizing the settings on my Lexus was less than most Lexus dealers charge for an oil change.

We must be talking about different settings because there's not a whole heck of a lot of enjoyment coming from any of these for even a short period let alone a long period of time. The one thing I wanted to get done was to be able to close all the windows/moon roof using the key/fob in case I forgot to and turned the car off. It's not going to kill me if I don't have it and apparently I was wrong in the first place as it's not one of the listed items.

BTW, if you get laid off, you become a lot more particular with where you spend your money. :(