Need Help/advice Anyone Can Help

i have a lexus gs300 that i have sold and now im upgrading to the 400... theres two 400's that i want but i dont know witch one would be the better deal.. need your help. one's a 1999 black and has navi on board computer and all that nice stuff. black 20 inch rims. and has 157,000 miles only problem it has are the starter and it has slight taillight damage. he said it was bought off of a dealer 10,000 miles ago. and the car is reallly clean. and the Other black gs400 im looking at has 120,000 and is a 1998 with black 20's no navi, no sterio, no spoiler, and faded headlights. problem with that car is that the paint has basically been baked in the sun so it looks grey and there are some paint chips. both priced at 6k

so heres the problem.. i LOVE both but witch would be more price friendly or worth paying for???

my uncles a machanic and said the starter for the 1999 is only $200 max and the tailights have damage but i would wanna switch the tailights out to the 2000+ models anyways.. so then basically ill have the perfect gs 400

and for the 1998 i was thinking about getting a paint job at a place like evit (a school) so the students could practice on it. so i would be paying less then $400 for a nice paint job basically and then slap on a spoiler befor that. and im not looking at getting a REALLY nice $2000 paint so if all else fails ill go to like maaco or something(you get what you pay for) haha. and i got a friend that would give me a gs300-400 navigation for $100 if i got it... and for the most part if i had all that done i would basically have a gs 400 with lower miles and not to mention it has black leather with tv's behind the head rests and is already wired up for a sound system.

what do you guys think? and they both have rcords from the dealer.. + my uncle will take it in the shop befor i buy it :P

ohh one more thing!! anyone who has had both cars the 3 & 400 hows gas? much of a diff?

i have a lexus gs300 that i have sold and now im upgrading to the 400... theres two 400's that i want but i dont know witch one would be the better deal.. need your help. one's a 1999 black and has navi on board computer and all that nice stuff. black 20 inch rims. and has 157,000 miles only problem it has are the starter and it has slight taillight damage. he said it was bought off of a dealer 10,000 miles ago. and the car is reallly clean. and the Other black gs400 im looking at has 120,000 and is a 1998 with black 20's no navi, no sterio, no spoiler, and faded headlights. problem with that car is that the paint has basically been baked in the sun so it looks grey and there are some paint chips. both priced at 6k

so heres the problem.. i LOVE both but witch would be more price friendly or worth paying for???

my uncles a machanic and said the starter for the 1999 is only $200 max and the tailights have damage but i would wanna switch the tailights out to the 2000+ models anyways.. so then basically ill have the perfect gs 400

and for the 1998 i was thinking about getting a paint job at a place like evit (a school) so the students could practice on it. so i would be paying less then $400 for a nice paint job basically and then slap on a spoiler befor that. and im not looking at getting a REALLY nice $2000 paint so if all else fails ill go to like maaco or something(you get what you pay for) haha. and i got a friend that would give me a gs300-400 navigation for $100 if i got it... and for the most part if i had all that done i would basically have a gs 400 with lower miles and not to mention it has black leather with tv's behind the head rests and is already wired up for a sound system.

what do you guys think? and they both have rcords from the dealer.. + my uncle will take it in the shop befor i buy it :P

ohh one more thing!! anyone who has had both cars the 3 & 400 hows gas? much of a diff?

if you got the money then go buy your self a rare car.. mazda rx-7, toyota supra etc.... i see more and more middle aged ladies driving the gs300 and gs400.. im starting to hate my GS300!

if you got the money then go buy your self a rare car.. mazda rx-7, toyota supra etc.... i see more and more middle aged ladies driving the gs300 and gs400.. im starting to hate my GS300!

i would bro but i dont got that money... :( i want an e46 m3 :'( but in my book the gs400 is the fastest, most luxurious,roomy,reliable, car for the cheapest price you can buy

What is the price for the first GS400 w. navi & bad starter? Based on what ive read sounds like that is your best bet if you want to upgrade the taillights anyway.

Dont listen to that dude...c'mon man the GS's are ill...dont hate on them just cause you see a variety of people driving them.....just cause your middle age and a woman does not mean you cant have style....

Im very pleased to get into my GS instead of some slammed Civic SI or EVO. Personal choice.

im 24 with an 2005 gs300 and i dont feel that way at all...so its all subjective. I would love to know I was buying such a sick car from an older person who hasnt modified or beaten it...again thats just me.

I would also check if you can just plug a stock nav unit into a GS that did not come with factory nav...i believe you may run into harness issues, not positive...but i believe i read that through this forum.

In terms of gas I dont think there is a huge diff stock between 400/300 but again that depends on vehicle condition, driving style & your saying these cars are rollin on 20's....that will diminish your MPG.

Either way...I think they are great cars....

If you can have your uncle look at both and tell you which one he feels is a more sound purchase

Good luck

What is the price for the first GS400 w. navi & bad starter? Based on what ive read sounds like that is your best bet if you want to upgrade the taillights anyway.

Dont listen to that dude...c'mon man the GS's are ill...dont hate on them just cause you see a variety of people driving them.....just cause your middle age and a woman does not mean you cant have style....

Im very pleased to get into my GS instead of some slammed Civic SI or EVO. Personal choice.

im 24 with an 2005 gs300 and i dont feel that way at all...so its all subjective. I would love to know I was buying such a sick car from an older person who hasnt modified or beaten it...again thats just me.

I would also check if you can just plug a stock nav unit into a GS that did not come with factory nav...i believe you may run into harness issues, not positive...but i believe i read that through this forum.

In terms of gas I dont think there is a huge diff stock between 400/300 but again that depends on vehicle condition, driving style & your saying these cars are rollin on 20's....that will diminish your MPG.

If you can have your uncle look at both and tell you which one he feels is a more sound purchase

Good luck

haha agree :] and on there it says they're both 6 grand. and your right i never even thought about it! it might not fit :angry:

and ya i was thinkin the first one two.. but my friends are telling me to get the second one cause if i spend less then 1000

on it ill have what i want but just with less miles

Good luck

haha agree :] and on there it says they're both 6 grand. and your right i never even thought about it! it might not fit :angry:

and ya i was thinkin the first one two.. but my friends are telling me to get the second one cause if i spend less then 1000

on it ill have what i want but just with less miles