Lexus Owner No More

Lucky13

I traded in my 92 Lexus LS400 on a 2007 Pontiac G5. Looking for something that was more reliable, cheaper on parts, better on gas, so the g5 was what I was looking for. The Lexus had a lot wrong with it. the check engine light was on, the windows did not work, it was stalling, sputtering, dying out, the paint was faded, the brake pads and rotors needed to be replaced, the exaust was sounding worse and worse, the steering wheel would not move from a locked position that was difficult (all the way up) the motor that moved it down was broken, had trouble shifting, got about 15 mpg... The AC compressor had broken 3 times, the fuel pump had broken twice, I had to replace the harmonic balancer ($1,100 for that part alone) and the power steering pump, had to replace the mass airflow sensor, constantly had it in the shop, almost half the time I had it. All the wireing for the fuel pump had shorted, all of the leather interior was conpletly shot, cracked, riped totally through, the dash was cracked and faded, the shifter was cracked and worn out. I olny had it two years and constantly dumped money into it both in the shop and at the pump. Lexus is my favorite brand in general but the car was simply old and not taken care of at all by the morons that owned it before me. The G5 gets over 30 mpg, has a brand new black paint job and is still under warrenty so its a HUGE difference and I'm happy with it. Good to go back and forth to school with.

Congrats on the new car! Post some pics of it <_<

And don't hate on your LS, it was 17 years old... When it hit 10 years it was pushing the envelope :P Things will go wrong with any car of that age.

And you've got to remember that the Pontiac and the LS are at two totally different ends of the spectrum. One's a luxury fleet vehicle and the other is something of a sports car... The mileage will be different :rolleyes:

Oh I know. Like I said I dont hate it If I had been the one to own it its entire life (impossible concidering how youg I was in 92) it would still be bulletproof because I would take care of it.. But sadly the ignorant morons who owned it before be didnt take care of it. That and, like you said, its just old.