Looking To Buy A New Vehicle, The Comparisons

smooth1

Can you imagine if we had this technology 15 years ago? O.J. would be TOAST!! Glove don't fit, don't me sh%t, when the gps says you'd done it! :lol:

I can only imagine some of the calls these operators take! "Hi, um, I need a.....(insert joke)"

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you imagine if we had this technology 15 years ago? O.J. would be TOAST!! Glove don't fit, don't me sh%t, when the gps says you'd done it! :lol:

I can only imagine some of the calls these operators take! "Hi, um, I need a.....(insert joke)"

I actually think we did, just the military wouldn't let us use it. <_<

The wife and I have already joked about what some of the calls to the Tele Aid must sound like sometimes....LOL!!

" Hello, yeah........Uuuuhhhmmmmmm, I took these pills and ........... well, do you know what they were and if I can get some more???.........."

Or

" Yes, would you know what time the 3 o clock parade starts?..... :lol::lol::lol:

Or prom night.... "Yes, hello....ummmm, she can't get pregnant if the seat heater is on, right?"

Alright, so far the ML has been good. We went on a road trip with it and the added space made the trip easier. We got pretty descent fuel mileage also. The biggest perk for me was the stress relief of leaving it parked somewhere out in the open in Miami. The IS is, well, eye attracting, and my rims are of course calling to every car thief in the area. I think the ML is much more "urban camouflaged" so to speak. It seems to just blends in more even though it's an MB. Maybe it's just me, but when I leave the ML parked on the street I don't even give it a second thought when I walk away, but the IS I'm almost a nervous wreck sometimes and I have to go and check on it to make sure it's still ok.

And so far, I don't think Merceds Benz dealerships are any better or worse then BMW, Lexus, Infinity or the likes. I don't think as a brand, any of them stand out or above any of the others. All the salespeople answer everything with " If I could would you buy a car from me today?" But I do think that Lexus Of Orlando has the nicest service facility of all the dealerships I've been to. Seriously. It's almost night and day. Hands down by far the nicest place. They have the only lounge area that I feel the most relaxed and comfortable in, along with these nice "little" things they do. Like they have this lady that comes out once in awhile with freash baked cookies and offers them to people who are waiting in the lounge area. The big screen TV's are far enouph away from each other that they aren't competeing for the volume levels. And the lighting is very subdued without being dark. It really is a much better expereince and imho, adds a tremendous amount of value to the car owning expereince. It's nice when the wife doesn't mind "getting away" for a few hours by taking the Lexus in for service! (A happy wife is a happy life. :) )

The Mercedes Benz dealerships could really learn alot from Lexus with respect to this issue. I've gone to 3 different MB dealerships and both are layed out about the same way. The service department reminds me more of a cow milking station set up more than anything else. Really. Their waiting areas are nice, but not thought out very well. Like tiled floors, and hard surfaces everywhere that just echo everything and make the whole time there seem more chaotic and busied. They also seem to like their MB logo appearal and luggage alot. I see it everywhere! Keychains, belts, purses, golf bags, on and on. In fact, at Mercedes Benz of Orlando, I think the waiting room IS the merchandise showroom! LOL!!! I could be wrong though. I wasn't really sure where I was at the time. Maybe I was just waiting there by accident.......It was the only quiet and carpeted room in the building.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I just found this cool little feature I thought I would share real quick.

In the ML, say your driving along with the windows down and the sun roof open. Suddenly your struck with this god awful smell. You look around and realize your about to pass a water treatment plant, or a pig farm, or whatever. So you reach over to the ac recirculate button and press it for about 3 seconds. The button activates the ac and switches it to internal air only, closes all the windows and the sun roof. Once it's passed and you decide you want to return the open windows, you just press and hold the recirculate button again, it shuts off the ac and opens the windows and sun roof, returning them to thier previous position. Now that's pretty cool!

• 1 year later...

It's been almost 2 years and so far so great! A new set of tires, and 2 oil changes to date. Everything else is as the day I bought it.