Question About 2010 Rx350 Wheel Options / Semi-aniline Leather?

I test drove an RX350 today and my wife and I really liked it. We are probably going with every option except luxury package and have a question about available 19" wheels. I see per the catalog you can get 19" 7 spoke alloy wheels or 19" 7 spoke superchrome wheels. Is there a charge for the superchrome wheels?

Also, I see as part of the luxury package, semi-aniline leather is part of it? What is this and is it really any nicer than the 'normal' leather?

Thanks!!

Thanks..another question would be how the 'remote push button start' works. Do you have to use this feature or is there actually a place to put the key? I don't like walking up to a car and having it unlike doors when I get close enough. Hopefully this can be disabled. I also don't like stopping, putting in park, forgeting to push off button and getting out of car with it running. I would like to make it so if you pull the key out the car shut off. I guess more questions for the dealer.

Thanks..another question would be how the 'remote push button start' works. Do you have to use this feature or is there actually a place to put the key? I don't like walking up to a car and having it unlike doors when I get close enough. Hopefully this can be disabled. I also don't like stopping, putting in park, forgeting to push off button and getting out of car with it running. I would like to make it so if you pull the key out the car shut off. I guess more questions for the dealer.

The new smart key feature doesn't have the key plug in anywhere, it can stay in your pocket the whole time if you want. There's no "special" spot where it can act like an old fashioned key unfortunately.

As for the leather, semi-aniline is leather that's been dyed all the way through, whereas normal leather just gets a thick coat on top. It's supposed to make the leather feel "softer". Only flaw is that it gets dingy very easily; jeans will stain it blue, it will wear quicker, it's definitely more sensitive. You'll see leather this on the newer LS and some ES models' leather. If you take care of it, it will be nice- but if not, you probably won't like it over time.

Thanks. Is the key fob for the smart key programmable (i.e. can you program it so that is does or does not lock doors as you approach car, etc. etc.)? I assume with the smart key it is very possible to park, get out of car, and forget to turn off engine or is there something that can be used to prevent this - i.e. does engine shut off and doors lock if smartkey gets more than 10 feet from car, etc. etc.? And for guys, where do they end up putting the smart key - not like we have purses and personally, I don't like anything in my front pockets when I drive. I could see parking, getting out of car without key, walking away and seeing someone get into car and driving off. Seems like a bad feature - you put house keys on keychain, etc. etc. and now you have to find someone to put them in the car so they don't rattle the entire time you are driving.

Doesn't sound like I would like the semi-aniline leather...too bad I can not get the retractable side mirrors without the semi-aniline leather. I would like to have retractable side mirrors but don't want to spend the extra $2500 to get the luxury package so I can get the retractable side mirrors which is the only thing I really see useful as part of the luxury package.

I test drove an RX350 today and my wife and I really liked it. We are probably going with every option except luxury package and have a question about available 19" wheels. I see per the catalog you can get 19" 7 spoke alloy wheels or 19" 7 spoke superchrome wheels. Is there a charge for the superchrome wheels?

Also, I see as part of the luxury package, semi-aniline leather is part of it? What is this and is it really any nicer than the 'normal' leather?

Thanks!!

Apparently you do not get a full size spare when you get 19 in wheels - at least I didn't. Can't answer the chrome question but suspect yes. The aniline leather is delicious. Only time will tell if it has staying power. On your key issues preferrences can be set to do most anything you want. Some stuff is inevitable though - if you leave the key in the car the car will not lock itself so if you walk away from the car anybody can get in and drive away. There is no hole in which to stick the mechanical key for start up.

If it helps, the system doesnt work like you think it does. It only unlocks the door when you put your hand on the door handle, not when you walk up and it can be set to unlock all the doors, or just the one you grab the handle of.

You will LOVE the smart key and wonder how you ever drove a car without it. It won't let you walk away with it running either.