What Is The Small Black Knob Underneath The Steering Dash

jlacck

Hi, I'm somewhat new around here although I've been lurking around these forums for a while. I was curious about a "discovery" that I made while trying to access the fuse box that is underneath the dash board on the driver side. I discovered a small black knob with a white dot on it. It rotates to turn something up or down but I do not know what function it accesses. Can anyone tell me what this knob is exactly? I found it near the gas and brake pedals next to a light.

Hi, I'm somewhat new around here although I've been lurking around these forums for a while. I was curious about a "discovery" that I made while trying to access the fuse box that is underneath the dash board on the driver side. I discovered a small black knob with a white dot on it. It rotates to turn something up or down but I do not know what function it accesses. Can anyone tell me what this knob is exactly? I found it near the gas and brake pedals next to a light.

I think it might the volume of your security system beep when you lock/unlock your car.

on mine it is a radar detector (black knob missing)

also has dash lamps (3)

100_0847.jpg

100_0848.jpg

K40 remote radar detector power/volume switch. It was a dealer option on a lot of early generation LSs, you should have two warning lights in the dash as well marked FRONT RADAR and REAR RADAR.

Can anyone tell me exactly how it works or if there is a way that I can tell that its working? I have a 1994 LS that I brought used. There is no owners manual that came with it so there are a lot of things that I'm figuring out as I ride and explore it.

K40 remote radar detector power/volume switch. It was a dealer option on a lot of early generation LSs, you should have two warning lights in the dash as well marked FRONT RADAR and REAR RADAR.

Can anyone tell me exactly how it works or if there is a way that I can tell that its working? I have a 1994 LS that I brought used. There is no owners manual that came with it so there are a lot of things that I'm figuring out as I ride and explore it.

look at the switch (photo) on mine, the smaller shaft, turns both ways, volume, up or down. but the outer sleeve around it is the on and off switch. when I turn it on the middle light on my dash lights up, if radar is detected in front of me the left red light blinks, if it is behind me the right light blinks.

• 5 months later...