Burned Navigation Disk?

Ok I would like to upgrade my navigation on my 2006 IS350. I don't need the most recent update which I believe is 8, 7 will do just fine. However I think Lexus charging for these disk is ridiclous! It should be a free service, paying nearly $300 for a disk when you can buy any Garmon unit for that price with better finctionality. Needless to say is way to download and burn these nav disks? I have the original update on my 2006 and I still have to "accept" the terms everytime I drive. :(

Then--why didn't you just get the Garmin to begin with? I'm sure it's possible, and it sure ain't legal.

If you want the next latest update, have you tried eBay?

Well why would I get a Garmon when I have one built into my dash? That's just doesn't make sense. I have tried ebay but is it possible to download the disk at all? Has anyone done it?

Then--why didn't you just get the Garmin to begin with? I'm sure it's possible, and it sure ain't legal.

Well why would I get a Garmon when I have one built into my dash? That's just doesn't make sense. I have tried ebay but is it possible to download the disk at all? Has anyone done it?

If you were concerned about the cost of factory nav updates, my question is why did you get factory nav, instead of a Garmin?

If you were concerned about the cost of factory nav updates, my question is why did you get factory nav, instead of a Garmin?

Used car buddy! B)

Bottom line. They have you. The update is $300 period. I have the nav. and I personally chose not to update. I wish Lexus would just team up with Garmin, like they did with Bose. Leave the nav. to the pros. They should let you update on-line - what is this the 15th century? :)

I still mapquest things if I am in a rush (especially on business trips) just in case.

The best part for me is when I am at a late meeting at say 11 pm and I say home... and it takes me there :)

Wife just got Acura MDX, there is no lock-out while driving - which is a huge complaint on these boards (which BTW I am not sure is a great idea given what I have seen in action!), but interested to see how the system compares in terms of map and address accuracy.

Although... I love my IS - so forget the TL.

My IS rocks...

• 1 month later...
Sewell Lexus sells them for $200

Shhh. Some folks got their undies all in a wad a whle back when I mentioned Sewell.

:D :D :lol: :lol:

Why would the folks get upset?

It was just another case of someone trying to accuse mods of getting kickbacks for mentioning certain vendors or dealers or even accusing us of being dealers or dealer employees. It's a vast mod/vendor conspiracy. :D :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...