Know Anything About Computers?

SW03ES

you guys just reminded me i have a 500 dollar 4870x2 graphics card in my room i need to rma. i built this sick liquid cooled desktop, probably a few years ago. had an intel quad core overclocked it from 2.4ghz to 3ghz and the fsb was at 1333mhz. (remember this was a couple of years ago) the ram was ddr2 and it was clocked at 1060mhz, and holy *BLEEP* was that thing fast. there wasnt anything you could do to stop it. it also ran at 96 degrees fahrenheit idling of course. never went above 120 under full load. also had 3 hard drives 2 160s and one 320. tried to get the 2 160s in raid but it was too complicated. damn ati and their expensive malfunctioning equipment.

I literally understood none of that LOL

Blake, I actually wound up ordering it from MacMall and cancelled the order through my company. MacMall was like $7 cheaper than the rep at my company, but I would have had to pay tax through Apple and didn't have to pay tax from MacMall. Thats only on the 13" one though, the pricing through my company is tiered and on the more expensive models is cheaper, the 17" for instance is 10% off through my company. Although, once you factor in the tax MacMall is still cheaper...

That depends on whether MacMall has to charge you tax in your state.

I got Office and I got Paralells, it was free with the purchase of the Mac and Office was only $50. I'm going to try and not use the Paralells, but since it was free I figured I may as well go ahead and get it and I'll have it if I need it. You get a free printer too...so in the end I wound up with the Mac, Office, Paralells, and a printer for $1,150...not bad.

It arrives tomorrow :snoooorrrtttt:

I literally understood none of that LOL

Hahaa....neither did I! Where does the flux-capacitor go?

You all know what this means don't you, with Steve getting a fancy new laptop? He'll be on here 24/7 bird-doggin' us! Watch out - when the cat's away, the mice shall play....Got a feeling the cat's coming back! :lol::lol:

LOL.. oh Steve. :lol: Now you need a wireless broadband modem from any cellphone company haha (I just got one, love the fact you can sit in traffic and search the FULL internet on a laptop, or even search the MLS on the go while showing a house) :)

Btw this is a random question Steve. But in your company, for your association of realtors do you guys use Rappatoni? Just curious. Lately here in my area they changed to CalRedd and everyone hates it! I hate it too, it's too complicated and doesn't give you the necessary data. So the broker of our office actually FOUGHT the association and they convinced the whole association to switch back to Rappatoni. Yey! :cheers: :cheers:

Just curious if your association of realtors uses Rappatoni or a different MLS software hehe

Oh I've had one of those for a long time. Just got a new USB one for the MacBook.

No our association is MRIS which is a Tarasoft Matrix based program. Works well except they implemented a stupid SafeMLS login system last year that requires a token-generated code to log in...PITA.

Oh I've had one of those for a long time. Just got a new USB one for the MacBook.

No our association is MRIS which is a Tarasoft Matrix based program. Works well except they implemented a stupid SafeMLS login system last year that requires a token-generated code to log in...PITA.

Oh I see. Ya for a certain time Rappatoni actually implemented a token-key code also which was a PITA because you couldn't log onto the MLS if you had forgotten your token key! :chairshot: But they removed that token-key lately because of the switch to CalRedd but now it was switched back to Rappatoni because of the numerous complaints from the real estate companies in our association of realtors lol.