Check Air Conditioning

Another hot day yesterday, even though we haven't had much of a summer. While at a red light I fired up the a/c & noticed the engine start to rev up & down almost to a beat. Then I noticed the display showed 'check air conditioning'. I quickly turned off the a/c and the engine stopped revving that way. Then while driving I tried turning the a/c back on again and the engine started revving the same way but this time the engine shut off after about 5-10 seconds. I restarted the car without any trouble, got home w/o any issues so long as I kept my hands off the a/c.

Friend seems to think i'm probably just out of the a/c fluid? Will bring it into the dealer Monday.

Okay so the dealer advised that my condensor died. They are ordering the part & will likely have it replaced early next week. Thank G*d i've still got my bumper to bumper warranty :-) Now I just have to sweat it out for a few more days.. Just my luck, the weather starts getting warmer & my a/c breaks down