Feels Like Power Loss

marsin

Not too long ago my tires were running thin in the rear, so I decided to do some burnouts. I got off the HWY and came to a full stop. Dissengaged traction controll, and let her loose. I noticed my RPM spike to the rev limiter, got a short peel and the rev limiter kicked off throttle to engine. RPM was high enough to shift into second and no movement in the weels to the pavement, but my rpm continued to climb. I pumped the clutch felt like it was spinning, probably glazed it. In all this I thought I may have messed up my clutch but I had it checked by the transmission pros, and all them say the clutch is still good. But the down fall of all this is that I feel I may have lost some power. I find my pick up is not what it used to be. I think it may have something to do with traction controll but I am no expert. Anyone please help!! Im not enjoying my ride anymore, it fells like my winter honda.

Your drivetrain isn't like the Ford's of days gone by where you can just pound on it. There are harmonic balancers located on your flywheel which are designed to prevent damage to the transmission. If you say the transmission pros say your clutch and trans are fine, then you may need to reset the ECU by unplugging the battery for 10-15 minutes and then reconnecting it. Once you restart it, let it idle for a few minutes and then go for another ride and see if that restores it.

Thanks I just got back from my trip, first thing I did was unplug the battery at the airport waited and went home. My car is normal again, thanks smooth1. You are trully a professional. I just keep scratching my head "why havent I thought of that!" :huh:

• 2 months later...

I'm going to have to try this out myself. Last year I purchased a 2003 is300 with about 78k on it. It was an absolute rocket when i first purchased it but due to my family member going to a hospital for a while did a whole bunch of driving. I now have about 110k and am racing to get as much service and maintanance catch up. I did notice though that with time the auto trans felt a little more sloppy so I'm going to have to give this a shot!!!