When Does Free Maintenance End?

The guy that sold me the car and also the manual states that only the first 2 maintenance schedules will be complimentary which is at 1,000 miles and at 5,000 miles. Well I got my oil changed again yesterday at 7,000 miles and I asked how much it would be and my service advisor stated that maintenance is free until 15,000 miles. I wasn't going to argue so I left. Anyone else heard of this?

The guy that sold me the car and also the manual states that only the first 2 maintenance schedules will be complimentary which is at 1,000 miles and at 5,000 miles. Well I got my oil changed again yesterday at 7,000 miles and I asked how much it would be and my service advisor stated that maintenance is free until 15,000 miles. I wasn't going to argue so I left. Anyone else heard of this?

only 1000 and 5000

only 1000 and 5000

Yeah that is what I thought. So why am I getting away with free oil changes until 15k miles?

only 1000 and 5000

Yeah that is what I thought. So why am I getting away with free oil changes until 15k miles?

The dealer probably slipped an extra piece of paper in front of you at signing, charging you way to much for "prepaid" service. ;)

only 1000 and 5000

The dealer probably slipped an extra piece of paper in front of you at signing, charging you way to much for "prepaid" service. ;)

Haa, I know for a fact they did no such thing. But oh well....I'm not going to argue with free stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My dealer waid the first one was free but the other day I noticed that the window spec sticker says first 2.

It's the first 2 "maintenance", at 1000 the just run a routine check for leaks or factory problems plus LPS, they will change your oil at 5000 miles.