Spare Tire

joecroix

I have a 2002 SC 430 and a 2006 Supra, does anyone know if I can use the Supra spare on the Lexus. The bolt pattern is the same I believe, the Supra spare is 5 x 114.3. I have changed from RFT to NRFT and the ride is incredible.

I have a 2002 SC 430 and a 2006 Supra, does anyone know if I can use the Supra spare on the Lexus. The bolt pattern is the same I believe, the Supra spare is 5 x 114.3. I have changed from RFT to NRFT and the ride is incredible.

Joe,

I am also just in the final stages of Changing over from Run Flats to Conventional Air Filled tires. Which tires did you go with? I am looking at the Continental DWS Tire 245/40zr/18 which is new. Did you have to reset your alignment, I am curious because I've actually taken the negative toe/camber setting out of the rear end tires because they have worn so heavily on the inside of the tire. I was told that Lexus put nexative toe in the rear for cornering, I don't beat my car nor do I race it so I tried to minimize the wear! Let me know what you did and what tires you put on.

Regards,

Blaise

• 2 weeks later...
They are Michelin Pilot Sport Plus. I did not have any other changes made, but I am monitoring the tread wear closely just to make sure.

Hi there,

I have been having some trouble getting logged into this site, that is why my post had nothing to say.

I am wondering if anyone has determined if the Supra SuperSaver wheel/tire will work on the SC430.

Thanks,

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I had my tires rotated and balanced after 3,000 miles and they had very little tread wear. The Michelins' Pilot Sport AS Plus have a 60,000 mile warranty so that is good news. I brought along the spare tire from my Solara (tire size T155/70R17)and had the techs place the tire on to check clearance of the calipers. It fits great, no problems. When I got home I placed the spare in the trunk wheel well and it was a little tight but it fits and the top can operate. So I am definatley ready for a cross country road trip. Good Luck.

• 3 months later...
. I brought along the spare tire from my Solara (tire size T155/70R17)and had the techs place the tire on to check clearance of the calipers. It fits great, no problems. When I got home I placed the spare in the trunk wheel well.

What year model is your Solara?

Based on what I am seeing on http://www.parts.com/ and http://www.toyodiy.com , it looks like the first year the compact 17" spare was used on the Solara was 2004 and only on the higher trim level SLE version. Beware through -- some 2004-up Solaras came with 16" spare tires.