2005 Ls430 Flashing Cruise Light

jcord51

Well this is a Bummer! First time using the Cruise function, the cruise light indicator control light came on with a caution warning triangle. CC does not engage at all! Cruise indicator flashes slowly on and off and caution light triangle displays. Displays CC warning. Car runs great other wise, no other electrical problems. I've done a search within the forum and no one else seems to have had this problem. Of cause I'm out of warranty. The car is not equipped dynamic radar. Any ideas?

Well this is a Bummer! First time using the Cruise function, the cruise light indicator control light came on with a caution warning triangle. CC does not engage at all! Cruise indicator flashes slowly on and off and caution light triangle displays. Displays CC warning. Car runs great other wise, no other electrical problems. I've done a search within the forum and no one else seems to have had this problem. Of cause I'm out of warranty. The car is not equipped dynamic radar. Any ideas?

I have to make one correction, the car does indeed have dynamic radar. I just wonder how much will the Dealer will charge to fix?

I looked at the 2006 manual, it shows that you can push the cruise control lever toward the dash for > 1 sec to select a standard cruise control mode of operation. If your manual is the same, see page 129 in section 2.4. Hope this allows use of cruise without the radar, since my guess is that the fix might be expensive. I do note that the manual discusses making sure the radar (or laser) sensor is clean, the radar appears to be behind the grill on the passengers side of the "L" and the laser is in the opening on the passengers side of the front bumper.