Convert To Led Turn Signals.

Is it possible to buy LED type plug and play turn signal lamps at any sort of auto part store for my 09 IS350. I'd like them for the front and the rear. I need to know what type of bulbs are used and hopefully if I can find a LED type they will work. I wish Lexus already made the turn signals LED and not just the brake lamps!! Anyone ever try?

Is it possible to buy LED type plug and play turn signal lamps at any sort of auto part store for my 09 IS350. I'd like them for the front and the rear. I need to know what type of bulbs are used and hopefully if I can find a LED type they will work. I wish Lexus already made the turn signals LED and not just the brake lamps!! Anyone ever try?

I saw an IS350 on the highway yesterday with rear LED turn signals. I just assumed it was a newer model (2009 or 10 perhaps?) since I haven't really been keeping up with the updates. But it definitely caught my eye. I'm guessing someone else will chime in with more specific information.

Well after I posted the question I started to do some of my own research. I found on a website that the front and rear turn signals for the IS are type 7440.

So then I googled "7440 LED" and a slew of supposed plug and play LED replacement bulb websites popped up. I bought 6 to try and replace both the rear and I noticed there are 2 for each front turn signal. They were only like, 5 dollars each. Soooo.....I guess I will let you guys know if they work. Next thing is.....how the heck do I get behind all the plastic parts to change the bulbs. Anyone know how? I might just be lazy and with my next oil change see if the dealer will do it.

NicLX470, do the "7440 LED" bulbs you bought require cutting your wiring harness to add load resisters or to use an electronic turn signal flasher module? Some LED bulb sellers do a poor job of disclosing the additional work (i.e. hacking) necessary to use LED bulbs for exterior lights.

The taillights with LED turn signals that CrunchySkippy saw on an IS may have been aftermarket. There are lots of aftermarket LED taillights for the ISx50 on eBay and even LED taillights with LED turn signals and brake lights for my nine year old LS400.

I would hope that the aftermarket LED tail lights would be plug and play and have addressed the load resister issue but I really don't know.

Tell us how it goes with the LED bulbs you bought.

I have done research on this and this is what I have known so far.

1. You need load resister or led flasher for LED turn bulbs, otherwise, your turn bulbs will hyper flash.

2. You need to take off the front bumper for changing the font turn bulbs, 4 total bulbs I think.

3. If you use LED flasher, your turn bulbs will not flash when arm/disarm the vehicle.

The bulbs I got were discribed as this.......

Outfitted with the latest Super High-Flux low profile 3x 1 watt Leds

Designed especially for Light Housings, and applications requiring a large uniform field of bright light

Only 20mm diameter x 41mm overall - fits all stock housings

And I also figured I needed a load equalizer but on their website there are so many I am unsure which one will work for my car. A few say for Toyota/Lexus and then more that say for newer Toyota/Lexus. So I emailed the guy and hopefully he can point me in the right direction as to which one to get.

And as for installation, if I have to take half the car apart to get to a bulb I will let the dealer do it. Hope they don't give me any trouble with it.

And quang you are saying that if I install the LED bulbs they will not work when locking and unlocking the car?

And quang you are saying that if I install the LED bulbs they will not work when locking and unlocking the car?

From what I have read, if you use LED flasher (not sure about load resister), the turn signal bulbs will not flash when arm/disarm the vehicle (vehicle will still be lucked/unlocked).

I have an update to the email about me asking about the load equalizer.....

---- NICAZOID@aol.com wrote:

> I wasn't aware I needed a load equalizer for these LED bulbs to work for my

> car unless I want them to hyperflash or maybe not even work at all. So I

> was looking at all of them on your website and I have no idea which one I

> need. My car is a 2009 Lexus IS350. Is there anyway you can help me?

HI

Sure

Use two 6 ohm equalizers for two front, or two rear led turn signal bulbs.

If you have led turn signal bulbs in the front and rear (4 led turn signal bubs total), use two 3 ohm.

Place one load equalizer on each side. For turn signal led bulbs, the equalizer must be spliced across the - ground wire and the + turn signal wire feeding each led bulb.

More details on load equalizers can be found at:

http://autolumination.com/installation.html

Tracy