01 Lexus Is 300 Breakdown While Driving

sonnyg22

I own a 01 IS 300. While driving on the freeway at 70 mph...my car lost all power....steam/smoke everywhere...!!!! Pulled over and opened hood...."white" stuff everywhere....opening to Radiator partially melted...car will not run or start! There is no "milky" substance in the oil. Did I blow a water pump...timing belt...other hose??? Any help would be greatly appreciated! What's my best/worst case scenario??? Is it possible that my engine is blown?? Mileage on the car is 180k and it has never had the timing belt or water pump replaced!

Cindy

Sounds like a head gasket. But from your description it could be alot of things. My advice is to take it to a mechanic and have it properly diagnosed as I can't look under the hood myself and see. Then post what they have to say and we can go from there.

Sounds like a head gasket. But from your description it could be alot of things. My advice is to take it to a mechanic and have it properly diagnosed as I can't look under the hood myself and see. Then post what they have to say and we can go from there.

If it is the head gasket....what can I expect to pay for repairs? What's a fair price? How many hours labor and what's the approx. price for the parts?