Rx300 Tires: What Brand ? Where ? Cost ? Size ?

lahermano

Hi Guys,

Please share all your experiences with tire replacement for Lexus RX300

1. What brand ?

2. Where ?

3. Cost ?

4. Size ?

5. Warranty ?

BTW, I am a member with costco and on this forum there are some wired costo policies some people have experienced and are unhappy about it..

Thanks a bunch

Laher

I dont know if you have American Tires Stores in your locallity, but they are fair and good. The Michelin Latitude is a great tire, and yes I am one of the ones with costco problems. If your car is AWD it gets tougher with their policies if you have worn tires and need a replacement for hazard. Another great source is Tirerack.com. I have used them and they list installers in your area. I have gotten great deals, and they have consumer feedback on all of their tires with outstanding info on each tire.

I dont know if you have American Tires Stores in your locallity, but they are fair and good. The Michelin Latitude is a great tire, and yes I am one of the ones with costco problems. If your car is AWD it gets tougher with their policies if you have worn tires and need a replacement for hazard. Another great source is Tirerack.com. I have used them and they list installers in your area. I have gotten great deals, and they have consumer feedback on all of their tires with outstanding info on each tire.

I have a 2Wheel drive. and am from Dallas, Texas area. I heard some people used 235 instead off the standard 225.. same price though.. any experiences with that

I switched from Yoko to General since they were #1 in CR and TR. So far, pretty dang happy. My answers in bold below:

Hi Guys,

Please share all your experiences with tire replacement for Lexus RX300

1. What brand ? General Grabber HTS

2. Where ? Tirerack

3. Cost ? $104 per tire

4. Size ? P235 65 R16

5. Warranty ? 6yr 60K

On my wife's previous 2000 RX300 AWD, here's the only set I had to put on the vehicle after the mediocre OEM Bridgestone Duelers wore out. Sold the vehicle with not quite 60,000 miles on the Destinations and the guy who bought it from us put another set of Destinations on it after doing his own tire research:

Brand: Firestone Destination LE

Where: tirerack.com

Cost: At the time (late 2004/early 2005), probably about $76 per tire

Size: P225/70/R16

Warranty: 60,000 miles

These are the best bang-for-the-buck all-season SUV tires on the market. Had them on our daughter's 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee as well. Keep them at 34 to 35 psi, rotate them at every oil & filter change, keep your front end aligned, drive your vehicle like an SUV and not a NASCAR pace car, and they'll easily do at least 55,000 miles with no hydroplaning whatsoever. Given the tough economy, you can always talk your local Firestone dealer into a Buy 3 / Get 1 Free deal right now....