Mobil 1 Oil Filter Option?

FZ6 Dude

Hi,

I was doing some research on ordering the Mobil 1 (M1-102) filter for my Lexus as it seems $16 is a lot of $ at the local store. I came across a Tacoma site and people were recommending the larger M1-209 filter instead of the M1-102, for its additional filtering properties. I imagine that it is only a longer unit, which should have no problem fitting in a RX 330. Has anyone used this filter? Would the slightly larger size require any additional oil to be added when changing the oil?

Also, has anyone had any luck ordering these filters online and saving money vs. purchasing them at Advance?

Thanks.

why bother, just get the toyota one, or buy Wix filters online...Lot cheaper and both are very good quality.....

• 2 weeks later...
In the For Sale section, I'm selling four M-102 filters for $20 + shipping.

thanks,

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280

I'm interested. Are you certain that it will fit an RX330?

The Mobil 1 site specifies the M102 filter for 2004 and 2005 RX330s. It is the filter specified for first gen LS400s also.

Go to this site and complete the link "What's the right oil for my car?" and at the end there is a further link for which oil filter to use.

https://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorO...il_Filters.aspx

Thanks,

glenmore

In the For Sale section, I'm selling four M-102 filters for $20 + shipping.

thanks,

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280

I use the M1-102 on our '04 RX330 and have for years .... but, I get them for $9.99 a piece on sale or as part of the oil package deal at Autozone. There are plenty of good options (Bosch Premium, Wix, Napa Gold, OEM). I am going to try the new Fram 10,000 mile filter next oil change.

I change the oil filter every other oil change, so the new Fram will be ideal. I will end up getting an oil analysis when I am done ... so far, the Mobil 1 filter has shown excellent results.

• 2 months later...
I usually purchase five quarts of synthetic oil when AutoZone has a special ad and it includes a free Mobil, Bosch or K&N oil filter.

The Mobil-1 filter probably has good filter media,But they have weak anti drain back valves.