Need Help!

cappakazi

hi guys im replacing my brake rotors on my my ls400 1990.

I know what im doing but ive come to a major road block.

there are two screws that need to be removed from the front of the rotor (neer wheel studs). They are stuck! ive tryed a thousand and 1 diffferent screwdrivers to fit but no luck. its strating to round the head of the screw. what should i do?

any tricks or hints or anything people know of?

cheers

use an impact screwdriver. They are quite inexpensive and work wonders for removing stuck screws.

sweet will check it out never heard of em before

Or you can just drill them out. They serve no purpose except to hold the rotor on during production. The wheel lug nuts do all the work. Mine were stuck too.

GDF

use an impact screwdriver. They are quite inexpensive and work wonders for removing stuck screws.

sweet will check it out never heard of em before

Or you can just drill them out. They serve no purpose except to hold the rotor on during production. The wheel lug nuts do all the work. Mine were stuck too.

GDF

so u r saying they serve no purpose at all? why am i trying to un screw them for? can i just un knock out the rotors off now?

Yes Southern_NJ is right. The wheel lugs and the inside face of the wheel hold the rotor flat to the face of the hub. Imagine the torque of a car moving at 70 MPH and the brakes applied firm. Those little screws bothering you right now wouldn't do a thing to hold the rotor without the wheel lugs.

Just make sure the face of the wheel hub is clean (clean it up with a wire brush) and same goes for inside of wheel where it touches rotor. Then be sure to use a torque wrench and follow a star pattern when putting wheel back on. I like to torque to 30 ft lbs (to snug them all up) and then go again at 76 ft lbs for final setting.,