Great New Cleaning Tool!

Bandit, I never did thank you your your recommendation of the Erasers, so THANK YOU :D !!!! I bought all 3 of those pieces from a junkyard in Little Rock....AA Auto: 1 (800)336 2231- ask for Mike-he was most helpful and great to deal with! They only carry foreign parts, so there's a good chance they'll have what you need, and they ship for free! I had American Stitches do the wheel in my ES300; they did a fine job, but I'm not up to spending $320 on a wheel that I can get something very similar for $100. ;)

Jo, I used Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to cut through all of that grime Woolite didn't even phase it! They are about $5 for 4 erasers. Check your local grocery store's cleaning isle. ;)

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blake, Man; you might laugh at this. I saw your before car's before inside pictures in the gallery and I always that you had a different camera in the after pictures or a lot more lightning. Now, I know. LOL.

Blake, Man; you might laugh at this. I saw your before car's before inside pictures in the gallery and I always that you had a different camera in the after pictures or a lot more lightning. Now, I know. LOL.

Huh? :huh:

It's the same Sony digi cam and similar lighting conditions. All credit goes to Mr. Clean! :lol:

huh?

In the gallery, the pictures are not this big, unless you click on them. I knew you cleaned them and all but dang not that much difference. I never looked that hard, if you just skim over the pictures in the gallery, you would think that too.

You mentioned that before the color of your interior was Tan and now it is white. So, this works like bleach right.

This is not my car but my it looks just like it in&out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2475617337&rd=1

You think it will have any color change to it, if I use it.

BTW: What do you all think of the color of the car? Nice, um... I guess OK, or just plain ugly.

Not that much different? Really? :o That's like night and day to me(and several others)! There's no bleach in the eraser, so no need to worry about that. I think the pics in the gallery show the difference just as well as these do. I don't think I said the seats were whiteish, but they lightened several shades back to their origional light tan color. :D

Intersting color! Certainly not ugly at all, but it's not my cup of tea either(the only Lexus color that I think is legitimately ugly is red. I've seen many, and they all scare me! Sorry red guys.)! I love the plain, boring colors with beige and white topping my charts. Some how I ended up in a black LS! :wacko: lol What color is your car?:blushing: Grey? In some pics it does look kinda purpley. What does Lexus call this color? Do you like the color? That's what's most important! ;)

I don't know what Lexus calls that color. Where would I find the original color of the car? My car is the exact same. Yeah, it does look purply in bright light. Personally, I don't like the color; before I bought this I never knew that Lexus made cars in this color. Two of my friends have black Gen. 1 one with tan interior the other with black and both of them are real nice. Something is up with this color. It is taupish in the morning, then a little purple touch in the afternoon, in the evening [depending on the clouds] one day it looked gray. :blink::wacko::blink:

We have an Acura Legend in the same color but it is more darker and same story with that car too.

My color doesn't look all that in afternoon but in the evening it is OK, to me at least. Over time I have gotten used to it though. I didn't have too many options, there aren't that many LS's around here, and the onces that are: are either too expensive[determing from year model and mileage] and there where few in the auction, but all of them were old.

I bought mine from a realtor and I guess a broker[don't know]. But, I decided to buy it from a private owner, because she was real honest about everything, not only that it was maintained by a pro. imports machanic; and in the glove box I found a recipt that had $896 worth of repairs on it, done at 120,000, spark plugs, brakes, etc.. I bought it at 146,000.

I have taken pictures of my car but my mother has the camera and they are not develped yet.

Thanks for the quick response and nice words about the color. :)

When you register with Lexus.com, they give you that info. Registered? Look under the "my Vehicles" tab; then, of course, select your '93 LS. You'll see all of the info on the car, and the "exterior color" should be filled in. This's how I found out my colors. I've seen an ES in this color too now that I think about it.

I have a neighbor a few doors down with a Legend, but this one is very dark grey. Same color as yours?

I know what you're saying about searching for the right LS. It took me 6 other LS's before I found my '95! Just like you said they were all too expensive or too dirty or too something. Sounds like you car is is in great shape! :D

When I first came to LOC, I saw someone taking about registering at Lexus.com; but I didn't knew if it was free and then I just compelety forgot about it.

My car has suspension problems. Before there was just jerking when I changed the gears but now there is clinking noise in the engine compartment especially when I put in "R" from "P" or "D". Most likely it the transmission mounts. right.

Oh yeah, I have seen red LSs with tan interior, they are just fine. But I have also seen red LSs with RED interior. :(

• 2 months later...