Does Your Rx400h Make Noises After Turned Off?

Hey guys/gals. This is my first Rx400h so i'm not sure if this is normal or not.

I notice that every time i turn the car off after a short or long trip, i hear several noises coming from the engine compartment. There will be a series of whines, ticks etc, just "interesting" noises. They are present whether i've had the AC on or off as well.

I've never heard these types of noises in the standard gas powered car. I'm not talking about the 'ticking' from the hot engine any gas powered car makes while cooling, these noises are definitely different.

Just wanted to see if anyone else's makes noises after being turned off? It's a 2008 AWD Rx400h with 43k miles, no accident history, still under warranty.

I would bring it to the dealer about the noises, but if they're normal i don't want to look like an idiot lol. Thanks!

hi CD - i have a 2007 rx400h bought new in 07 - yes there are some noises like when you open the door from outside it makes some kind of whirring sound. there are several other electronic sounds that come on - these are all normal - when turned off there are several interesting sounds it makes - i would not call them noises but pleasant reminders that you are driving a hybrid !!!!

....same here - whirrs and clicks that are perfectly normal. Just try not to say anything in a derogatory manner when you are near the vehicle. It WILL get you back the next time you give it a voice command! :D

haha :P

I'm glad i'm not the only one noticing these noises, it was freaking me out!

I wonder what's causing these noises? obv something to do with the hybrid system i guess...?

Yeah, the same type of noises come on after it's started too. Even if the car's off and i open a door, the thing makes a noise... Very odd.

There's that noise only when you open driver's side front door when the engine is totally off. There's no noise at all if you open any of the other three doors. I am gussing the 400h senses the driver's door is opened, and tries to get the hybrid system ready. I am planning to test drive the new 450h, I will try to see if it does the same thing.