Ramps For Sc430 Oil Change

fixit

Hello Group,

Can someone point me in the right direction for ramps to change oil in a 06' SC430. The angle of my current ramps are too steep for my car. The lower bumper rubs the ramps. I'm having trouble finding a longer sloped set of ramps. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fixit.....

A friend of mine had this problem and he would put a three foot section of a 2x10 inch board just before the each ramp.

He would drive up on the boards then up on the ramps. This was enough height increase for the lower edge of the bumper to clear the ramp by the time the wheels would start to climb it. The boards changed the angle of approach of the car so that the lower edge of the bumper was higher than when all four wheels were on the ground. Try that.

steviej

post-688-1246071309_thumb.jpg

my ramps are too steep for my 90LS. I put the ramps on the apron of the driveway where it slopes down at a greater angle than the rest of the driveway allowing me to drive up on them. The hardest part is getting back down off because you need to go very slow so the suspension doesn't compress as the tires hit the pavement. I liked the 2x10 idea but I would use a 2x12 section.

Or just use a floor jack. But steviej's right on the money. They sell ramp extensions just for lowered cars to prevent this very issue.

I put the ramps on the apron of the driveway where it slopes down at a greater angle than the rest of the driveway allowing me to drive up on them.

That's kinda how I get my motorcycle on the back of the truck when I am alone. If I face the truck the right way and put the ramps off the tailgate, it is just a shallow incline that I can walk the bike up easily.

great minds think alike or necessity is the mother of ingenuity. :rolleyes:

steviej

A friend of mine had this problem and he would put a three foot section of a 2x10 inch board just before the each ramp.

He would drive up on the boards then up on the ramps. This was enough height increase for the lower edge of the bumper to clear the ramp by the time the wheels would start to climb it. The boards changed the angle of approach of the car so that the lower edge of the bumper was higher than when all four wheels were on the ground. Try that.

steviej

StevieJ,

Thanks for the help. Your idea is much cheaper that buying a set of "Racing Ramps!" The 2x10 works like a charm.....

fixit