My Lx Is Leaning

PearlLX

Mine does the same thing. When parked I can tell. Someone once told me it can be corrected by adjusting the torsion bar on the drivers side. I have not tried it yet but would like to know if it would really work.

I believe there is a service bulletin for faulty sensors used to determine the height at each wheel. I think the front wheels are monitored and adjusted independently and the rears together. I noticed mine doing the same thing, I measured 1/2" difference between left and right front.

strong,

i think everyones front wheels are lower than the back, many SUVs are built like this to accommodate for heavier tail loads. my truck however is lower on the left rear side than it is on the right rear side.

Nic,

mine is noticed when parked as well, dunno if its noticeable on the road cause i"m always in my car and not behind it to see. cant feel it leanin tho

strong,

i think everyones front wheels are lower than the back, many SUVs are built like this to accommodate for heavier tail loads. my truck however is lower on the left rear side than it is on the right rear side.

Nic,

mine is noticed when parked as well, dunno if its noticeable on the road cause i"m always in my car and not behind it to see. cant feel it leanin tho

My room mate usually drives the truck and I follow him or get in front of him sometimes to see if it leans when the truck is on, and honestly I cannot tell. So I do not know it it corrects itself while in motion which it should. The ride is smooth but just bothersome when I come out of a store to the parking lot and can see it looks like it is leaning.

My truck does this as well. It turns out, over time, the car has a way of settling on an angle. This doesn't necessarily mean that there is anything wrong. The sensors and accumulators resets everytime you start the car. If the car is running and the car still sits at an angle (assuming your parked on a flat level road) then there is something wrong. But if it only does it when the car is off, no problems.

-Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem with my 2006 LX470 with only 23,000 miles. Everything works fine except for the fact that it is 1/2 inch lower on the left side. Seems that everyone that posted about this problem, it always affects the left side of the vehicle. I initially took it to the dealer a month ago and was told that everything was fine. I told them that I can't imagine that Lexus would allow for this amount of tolerance difference. I'm taking the vehicle back to the dealership with this TSB next week and hopefully will get a more informed response.

Same problem with my 2006 LX470 with only 23,000 miles. Everything works fine except for the fact that it is 1/2 inch lower on the left side. Seems that everyone that posted about this problem, it always affects the left side of the vehicle. I initially took it to the dealer a month ago and was told that everything was fine. I told them that I can't imagine that Lexus would allow for this amount of tolerance difference. I'm taking the vehicle back to the dealership with this TSB next week and hopefully will get a more informed response.

Yeah i'd like to see what they say. Mine is a 98 and does not seem to qualify for the TSB. But yours seems to still be under warranty. Please let me know what they fix or tell you what is broken. Not that it is hurting anything but it is just an annoying sight.

• 7 months later...
the drivers side of my truck is a solid inch lower than the passenger side. guessin its somethin to do with the hyrdaulic shocks. any remedies?

Hello folks. I have the same problem with my 2003 lx470. This is what I did to fix the problem. My brother is a very good mechanic, and knew what was causing the problem. got a 30mm socket,and got under the truck on the left side. He adjusted the torsion bar bolt and this raised the left front to equal with the right. The truck is level now . Hope this did not hurt any sensors.

Try it.

GTFORLIFE.