Is It Just Me, Or Do The 400h's Overseas Have More Suff?

Hey guys. I now have an 08 Rx400h, and i like it. I was looking for nice videos on youtube of the 400h, and got a few of 400h's overseas.

Take a look at this video:

and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CujcEZwcLI...feature=related

Is it just me, or does it have more technology?? It has some funky what seem to be "assisting lines" when you are in reverse (different than the standard back-up camera on the US version).

Also, anyone who has nav on the 04-09 Rx's notice that the climate buttons illuminate more of a blueish white with the radio buttons having more of a pure white? It seems like the colors don't match on the console (my cousin's 07 rx350 is the same way).

but in this video, you can clearly see the climate buttons are of a pure white along with the radio buttons.

ALSO, the speedometer clusters in the overseas version have a fog light pilot so you can see when the fogs are on, whereas on the US versions the fog light pilot is missing..

I just feel like it's got more than the US versions! Anyone agree??

Toyota sells numerous versions of its cars in various world markets -- no different than other car manufacturers. The standard level of equipment for its Lexus cars sold outside North America has generally been higher -- sometimes far higher. The fog light "pilot" you noticed in the instrument cluster is likely the indicator light for the rear fog lights - not for the front fog lights.

I totally agree on your observation. You can log on to Lexus websites in different countries and you will see there different equipments for different markets. It's true that Lexus offeres more stuff in some regions, but they sell them at much higher prices as well. Keep in mind that some counties post hefty import tarrif on cars, in order to attract customers, Lexus does offer more standard stuff on their cars.

There are REAR fog lights on some?? Jeesh

And i just found an rx330 in the US with some sort of funky cruise control thing.

wahh.jpg

wahhh2.jpg

Anyone know what this is? Looks like it might be easy to add? It's clear it had a poor steering wheel leather re-dye...

If that cruise control thing was useful i'd spend a little extra for it...

Also, apparently in the UK the Rx's have power FOLD mirrors like the LS's here have. Here are the buttons from the RHD Rx330, see the button for "fold"?

yayyz.jpg

That's a feature i wish i had as i parallel park often in tight roads when i'm at school...

I think Lexus Taiwan offers most comprehensive standard equipments on 2010 RX450 of all. All these are included besides NAV + Remote Touch - Panoramic roof; Mark Levison sound system with 16 speakers; 6-disk DVD changer (NOT CD); HUD; Electric folding side mirrors. It all looks very nice, but the selling price is about US$80,000. No wonder Lexus gives out everything.

In Japan, where Lexus is just a brand new brand (since 2006), Lexus offers barebone RX (used to be called Toyota Harrier), I believe there's diesel version as well.

There are REAR fog lights on some?? Jeesh

Cars sold in the UK, Europe and some other markets are required to have rear fog lights.

And i just found an rx330 in the US with some sort of funky cruise control thing.

The "funky cruise control thing" looks like part of the optional laser cruise control.

The differences between cars sold in various world markets is endless and is driven by factors such as different regulations, income levels, tastes, and fuel costs.

Wait, the laser cruise was optional here in the US?? I want it! lol

And i remember hearing about the panoramic roof coming out for the 07+ ES's, but i've yet to see one driving around here in the US...

The panoramic roof is a part of the ES350's Ultra Luxury package and is fairly common.

I do remember the RX having a laser cruise option but it was always special order. The ES350 has a radar cruise option which is also always special order. That RX is a very rare vehicle.

It would be abhorently expensive to install I'm sure...impossible.

And i remember hearing about the panoramic roof coming out for the 07+ ES's, but i've yet to see one driving around here in the US...

If I remember correctly the laser cruise option was only available in certain configurations. I have the towing package for instance and it was not available with that. Too bad as I would have liked that.

THE only feature I am sorely disapointed in is the voice recognition NAVI. Useless.

/Steve

If I remember correctly the laser cruise option was only available in certain configurations. I have the towing package for instance and it was not available with that. Too bad as I would have liked that.

THE only feature I am sorely disapointed in is the voice recognition NAVI. Useless.

/Steve

The laser cruse was never avalialbe on the 400h in the US. Neither was the adjustable height air suspention.

I wanted BOTH really bad and I got told NO at every turn. Even out of state dealers.

I contacted a seller of many lexus parts who's over in the UK. He told me he could get me a pair of used 03-09 Rx300 (that's what they're called out there...) power folding mirrors, but the hard part will be for me to develop a circuit to get them to work. I'll have to get my engineering books back out... lol

I REALLY like the power folding mirrors.

I contacted a seller of many lexus parts who's over in the UK. He told me he could get me a pair of used 03-09 Rx300 (that's what they're called out there...) power folding mirrors, but the hard part will be for me to develop a circuit to get them to work. I'll have to get my engineering books back out... lol

I REALLY like the power folding mirrors.

Cool how much for a pair of mirrors ? Please keep us updated regarding the installation.

We didn't talk about price yet, he's still working on locating a pair. I really don't want to spend a lot since the odds of it failing are pretty high =/

The laser cruse was never avalialbe on the 400h in the US. Neither was the adjustable height air suspention.

I wanted BOTH really bad and I got told NO at every turn. Even out of state dealers.

Laser cruise control was available on the RX400h in the US although it has been superseded by the radar cruise control option on the RX450h Just because your dealer didn't care to find an RX400h for you with it doesn't mean it wasn't available.

Regarding the foldable outside mirrors, I doubt if the RHD ones from the UK will work on a left hand drive US spec RX without their ECU's, wiring harnesses and switch assemblies. Toyota doesn't make it easy to interchange parts among cars of various world markets like some European car manufacturers do. Toyota (Lexus) parts -- and particularly electrical components -- can be very specific to a particular market.

Foldable mirrors are more of a novelty in the US where streets are wide and parking spaces are often huge and big enough to accomodate a Suburban/Subdivision SUV. It's not like in the UK where streets in small towns can be so narrow that cars sometimes click mirrors as they pass each other at a fairly high rate of speed.

More to the point, with the not-all-that-reliable record of foldable mirrors on US spec Lexus cars that have them, why would anyone want to put older used mirrors on a relatively new RX400h? What are you going to do when they fail?

Not to mention the odds of it voiding the warranty which are 100%...

True SW, and i really don't want to mess with the electrical system of the hybrid... I had electrical issues on my Rx300, i can imagine how easily it could happen on the 400h...

He also suggested that my car might already have the wiring for it, just not the mirrors and switch (meaning the harnesses etc are already there, just not connected to anything). I hope that's true...

He also suggested that my car might already have the wiring for it, just not the mirrors and switch (meaning the harnesses etc are already there, just not connected to anything). I hope that's true...

Well, I guess "hope springs eternal". Toyota doesn't design and manufacture their vehicles that way. Wiring harnesses on Toyota vehicles are extremely specific to a partcular market and to the equipment specifications of specific vehicles. Not only will you not find wiring on U.S. Lexus vehicles for options available in other world markets, you will not find wiring for options available in the US market that were not installed at the factory on a particular US spec car. Just the difference between Canadian and US spec Lexus cars will make your head spin. US spec and UK spec Lexus vehicles are far further apart.

I agree with Jim...the harness is certainly not there. Toyota doesn't waste money harnessing their cars for things they don't have like some other manufacturers do. The cars are not even wired for options they COULD have had from the factory, let alone things that weren't even available. No nav harness on non-nav cars. Ask the folks on the Prius board that wire up the Japan-spec EV mode buttons. No wiring harness, and it voids the warranty, and what you are proposing will do the same.

Seriously, the only thing on my dad's LS430 thats broken are the foldable mirrors because he always had them set to retract and extend automatically when the car was turned on and off. Now the driver's one no longer works.

The reason you had electrical problems with your RX300 was because of all the crap you did to it. Do yourself a favor and don't do it to this car.

Jeesh you guys are brutal, gotta give me some hope not be such debbie downers! lol.

I doubt it has any of the wiring, but as soon as i open up the mirrors i'll be able to determine what type of circuit i'll need to run the motors. If they're anything like the headlight auto-leveling motors, i'll be in luck.

I only screwed up the Rx300 because i wasn't as experienced as i am now. I started those mods at 16 with zero engineering experience whereas now i have had 80 credits of the crap. I think i should be able to develop a circuit for two motors with a 12v source... I just hope the 400h isn't to picky about its e- draw...

The 400h does have the plug connected to the cigarette lighter harness for the green "ring" around the lighter, even though the 04-09 Rx's in the US have black plastic surrounding the lighter plug with no light, but in the UK they have the lighting ring.

I just replaced the black ring with the lighted ring from my old rx300 console (exact fit) and used that plug on the harness... Even dims with the rest of the interior lights.

So they DO have at least one wiring harness even though they're not used here in the US :P

If they only put that on the 04-09 Rx's...

The more i look at the 010 Rx's the more i want to never see one ever again. I don't know why, but i just don't like the styling. But i will give it time, it might somehow grow on me.

I mean, when the 04 Rx came out, i thought it was "odd" but 6 years later here i am driving one... so i'll give it time.

Laser cruise control was available on the RX400h in the US although it has been superseded by the radar cruise control option on the RX450h Just because your dealer didn't care to find an RX400h for you with it doesn't mean it wasn't available.

Really. Do you have an '06 RX400h with either the laser or radar cruise control?

As I said, it was not just ONE dealer. I talked with dealers in TX and on the East coast as well.

Just curious.