Has Anyone Imported An Ls430 Into Canada? Modifications?

nuck

I know one member did import a 430 from the states , try searching to see if he did anything.

All cars have to have DRL's to be imported.

Yes I have imported various vehicles from the US. For a Viper I had to add a $150 DRL model which just plugged in.The FX35 required the dealer to wire something in and the various C5 Corvettes I simply used the cars own settings command to tell it to run the fog lights at startup. No luck searching on the 430 board but I will check on some of the others. :)

I believe the key is to have an ignition immobilizer which these cars have, and daytime running lights. I think a small dealer mod (might even be a software feature in one of the ECUs) will get you the lights turned on for daytime running.

Nothing too scary here I don't believe.

I live in Toronto. Brought in a 2004 LS430 last year from Florida. No mods are necessary. DRL's are already there.

It was very easy from that perspective. Canadian Tire did the import inspection. Don't forget PST/GST and exchange.

I live in Toronto. Brought in a 2004 LS430 last year from Florida. No mods are necessary. DRL's are already there.

It was very easy from that perspective. Canadian Tire did the import inspection. Don't forget PST/GST and exchange.

That's good news. I have looked at a couple of very nice ones in Alberta dealers but for around $36,000. I have seen at least a dozen US ones on Autotrader for around 22k. No PST here but with duty, GST shipping and exchange probably 29k to my door.

Did you pay a Florida sales tax?

• 2 weeks later...

That's good news. I have looked at a couple of very nice ones in Alberta dealers but for around $36,000. I have seen at least a dozen US ones on Autotrader for around 22k. No PST here but with duty, GST shipping and exchange probably 29k to my door.

Did you pay a Florida sales tax?

Sorry for the late reply. Don't come to the forum too often. No sales tax as I had the car shipped to Buffalo, NY(so out of state). The dealer told if I drove it away from the lot they would have to charge tax. This varies from state to state. In NY you can pick up the car yourself no tax once once you prove you're from out of state.

• 5 years later...

Hello, yes we imported a Florida 2001 LS 430 into B.C. 5 years ago. No modifications were required to the daytime running lights (was already factory installed in all models). the only thing we were required to remove the tinted film on both the two front door windows. That has to be done by Canadian Tire. You will need to receive the Title papers once the payment is received by the owner, then send a Photo copy the the US port of entry @ least 2 days before the car arrives @ this boarder point. You will need to purchase insurance on the US side if you drive the car to your home from the boarder.You then take the car to Canadian Tire for inspection, they then inform Transport Canada when they are through & now you can go to an insurance office & get your provincial plates. When I questioned why the delay I was told they need the make sure there are no liens or the car wasn't stolen. There is a website you can get all this information from Transport Canada.

JudyC