Looking For A Bull Bar For My 08 Rx400h

Thats a very valid point.

Don't think just because you have nothing now that they can't hurt you by stealing your identity. Someone stole mine and when I went to apply for my first credit card when I was 18...I had a lot of crap to get off my credit report. Stuff takes time to show up too, you may go to buy a house one day, oe a car, and find something on there that was done to you now.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only speak for my home state of Arizona but you can definitely NOT get any information from the motor vehicle department with a simple license plate number. This was changed years ago to protect innocent people, largely woman, from stalkers.

Tom

I can only speak for my home state of Arizona but you can definitely NOT get any information from the motor vehicle department with a simple license plate number. This was changed years ago to protect innocent people, largely woman, from stalkers.

Tom

Tom not all states but most that I am aware of unless you specifically opt out you can still get the info if you pay for it. Meaning you sign a paper saying that you do not want your information released you can obtain the registration info. I know I signed a form about 5 years ago for my state MD that I did not want my info released. But look at this website here http://www.license-plate-search.net/index.htm for $29.00 I can run unlimited tags for 3 years. By the way Tom Arizona is on the list. Don't know anything about it. But these systems are a dime a dozen...

Now I know with the technology that I use everyday when I pull CLUE and MVR with choicepoint a household search is done and people are amazed the info I can get. I can almost 90% of the time with just someone's name, address and date of birth get the DL#'s and dates of birth as well as all of the VIN#'s of all of the cars that are registered to that address. This is in MD. Who is sharing that info...has to be the DMV. It is scary. Sometimes I can even get the SS#'s.

Anyone in MD want to PM Name, Date of Birth, and an address that you have lived at for a year. I will get you your VIN#, tell you any other cars and drivers that are in the household. Most of the time I can pull your prior insurance carrier as well as the loss runs. This is just a few systems that I use on a daily basis...I know that there are people that are far more resourceful when it comes to this stuff. All I was saying is you may not want to keep showing pics of your tag. If you don't care about it. Cool.

Really?? Jeesh never thought about that... Oh well too late now... I'd better get "lifelock"! lol

That's funny. I heard that someone did steal that lifelock guys ID. :lol: :D

Lex, I don't know about the site you linked.

I did try obtain information on a deadbeat a few years back from a license plate number only and the form was pretty clear--I had to be the somehow involved with the owner, lienholder, or an attorney.

Tom