Gs300 Is Eating Oil

I bought a brand new 2006 GS300, it had no problems until last summer, it started eating oil. At first I thought the mechanic who did the last oil change failed to fill it completely, but the 2nd time the engine oil light came on I knew something was up. I took it to my mechanic and he said take it to the dealer. the dealer sealed it and tested it and found it short 3/4 qrt after 1500 miles. They are putting in a request with Lexus corporate, but haven't heard back on how they plan to rectify this.

The dealer’s service manager said, the Toyota manual says its common to eat that much oil, but he also agreed, it’s very uncommon for a car to eat that much oil today and there are no oil leaks anywhere. It's been a month but I haven't heard anything yet. I have to find time to go back to the dealership, because it’s been about 1100 miles, and I know I’ll be short on oil again.

Any suggestions on what I should do. I'm unhappy to have a $50,000 car that eats oil, like my 1972 Chevy Vega did, and that only cost my mom $3k.

:angry:

the oil is either leaking past the rings, or the valve stem seals. they need to do a leak down test and determine where the problem is. Yea it envolves doing some true mechanical work, but that will give the results. I would never accept that kind of oil useage. good luck.

the oil is either leaking past the rings, or the valve stem seals. they need to do a leak down test and determine where the problem is. Yea it envolves doing some true mechanical work, but that will give the results. I would never accept that kind of oil useage. good luck.

I'll discuss it with them when I go into the shop next week, but the ddealership nor my mechanic see any signs of leak and there are no oil marks in my garage where I park it each evening.

I'll discuss it with them when I go into the shop next week, but the ddealership nor my mechanic see any signs of leak and there are no oil marks in my garage where I park it each evening.

The oil is being burned, By the leaking of the rings and/or the valve stem seals.

Wow! I just posted a very similar problem with my 2006 GS300, except mine seem to consuming more oil. About 4 quartz after 2000 miles. Took it to LONGO LEXUS twice now and they can not find any leaks or problem with it.

The service writer also suggested that the place I take my car for oil change also don't put enough oil, which is ridiculous. I am planning to contact Lexus Corporate to see what they can do for me.

• 3 months later...
Wow! I just posted a very similar problem with my 2006 GS300, except mine seem to consuming more oil. About 4 quartz after 2000 miles. Took it to LONGO LEXUS twice now and they can not find any leaks or problem with it.

The service writer also suggested that the place I take my car for oil change also don't put enough oil, which is ridiculous. I am planning to contact Lexus Corporate to see what they can do for me.

Corporate has agreed to replace the short engine block to solve the problem, but I'm not happy because when I try to resell this car, it'll have a stigma to it. What do you think I should ask them to do?

Corporate has agreed to replace the short engine block to solve the problem, but I'm not happy because when I try to resell this car, it'll have a stigma to it. What do you think I should ask them to do?

wash the car when they finish the work. Enjoy your new engine.

What stigma. So you got a leaky engine and they will replace it. You are ahead of the game.

steviej

• 2 weeks later...

I posted something on this about three months ago. Lexus replaced the short block and many other things on my 06 GS300. The car was losing all of it's oil by the time I made it to my next service (5000 miles). I also though the car wouldn't be as valuable with this kind of mech work done. However, I have to be honest and say that there is no differnce in the ride or feel or performance of the car. Get them to do the work and make sure you buy the extended warranty. Once you get the work done and buy the warranty, the dealership will do pretty much what ever you want. I just took it back in to have it looked at again and they had to replace a "leak valve" of some sort.

Enjoy your new engine. Maybe ask them to do a detail on the car before you get back so it looks good as well!

NG