Check Engine Light

i have a 1999 gs400 with 81k. i justed changed the air filter, pcv valve and the spark plugs. after driving the vehilce for about 10 miles the check engine light came on. is something i did or forgot to do. also is there a way i can reset the check engine light myself. thanks for any help you may give

i have a 1999 gs400 with 81k. i justed changed the air filter, pcv valve and the spark plugs. after driving the vehilce for about 10 miles the check engine light came on. is something i did or forgot to do. also is there a way i can reset the check engine light myself. thanks for any help you may give

I highly advise getting the codes pulled with a OBDII scanner first. Then we can proceed ;)

Welcome to the club :cheers:

I highly advise getting the codes pulled with a OBDII scanner first. Then we can proceed ;)

Welcome to the club :cheers:

Go to Auto Zone and get the codes read. Then you will know what you are trying to remove. They are very willing. I have used they over 10 times this year, hunting a fault. Then you can remove the light by pulling a couple of fuzes under the hood. Find out what you are looking for first. Good Luck

post-23754-1241909670_thumb.jpg