Insurance Trying To Total Out My Baby

I have a 95 SC 400 limited edition and the insurance company is trying to total her out. To add insult to injury they only wanna give me $6000 to replace her. I think she is worth more, can't find one in Bowling Green, KY at any price. Can anyone tell me ads they may have seen so I can show them the value is higher?

I have a 95 SC 400 limited edition and the insurance company is trying to total her out. To add insult to injury they only wanna give me $6000 to replace her. I think she is worth more, can't find one in Bowling Green, KY at any price. Can anyone tell me ads they may have seen so I can show them the value is higher?

As I understand it, you can challenge your insurance company to locate one like yours for the value (price) they have come up with. Just a thought; if they can't find one, I'd think you might have a pretty strong case for an appeal with your state insurance board - if it has to go that far.

How many miles & general condition?

I have a 1996 SC300 with 107000 miles. I wouldn't take a dime less than $8800. But I think book value is only $7600. That is the problem with older cars.

gvc

Ask your adjuster to explain how they have determined the value of your car. Present any receipts for repairs such as new tires, brakes, tune ups etc. Most of the time the adjusters can work with you some on the price that they are allowing you for your car. Unfortunately sometimes it is like buying a car in reverse.

I'm not sure but you might check and see if your state has a "diminsihed value" law or something along those lines. Also, my son told me of a guy in Houston with a 96 SC400 with 175K on it and he's asking 12,000 for it.

If you have the dynamic suspension you should part it out.

But yeah, you are lucky to get $6000 for a 12-year old car. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Sorry, for you loss. Are you going to completely loose the car? I have a 1995 SC400 in Louisville, KY, I financed $7500 just less than 2 yrs ago and it had 125k mileage. If you decide to part it out, does it still have the stock NAK amp. Currently, I am having trouble locating one. Good luck with the insurance company. Rick

When my car was totaled my company told me the official quote they go by is whatever comes up on nada.com. It wasnt as much as i thought the value was either so i pulled all my reciepts with the car including recent oil changes, brand new tires, air intake, and exhaust. With all that and recent repairs i was able to get $2000 more than what they initially offered. Hope that helps a little