Blacked Out Lcd On Climate Control

e.k.

This is one of the simplest repairs I have done. I did not replace the LCD, don't trust my soldering skills. Go on ebay and you can purchase the units already rebuilt. Think my bid was around $160?? Received a completly rebuilt unit, new bulbs etc and great instructions. Person was located in CA. Just had to send back the core for a refund. 30 minutes tops.

Good luck,and it is well worth it. Only problem is now the radio display looks dingy in comparison.

This is one of the simplest repairs I have done. I did not replace the LCD, don't trust my soldering skills. Go on ebay and you can purchase the units already rebuilt. Think my bid was around $160?? Received a completly rebuilt unit, new bulbs etc and great instructions. Person was located in CA. Just had to send back the core for a refund. 30 minutes tops.

Good luck,and it is well worth it. Only problem is now the radio display looks dingy in comparison.

Wonder why the radio LCDs dont go out, but the HVAC does? I guess some radios LCD goes out, but I have not personally seen it.

Wonder why the radio LCDs dont go out, but the HVAC does? I guess some radios LCD goes out, but I have not personally seen it.

Unfortunately I can personally attest that radio LCDs go out. My 95's backlights doesn't work and have the "garbled" numbers/letters. I've fixed most of the issues my 95 had when I bought it, just not the radio yet. I've seen threads talking about 3 resistors needing to be re-soldered to fix the backlight problem. But I'll probably send it out since the LCD needs to be replaced regardless.

Hi,

Try this for your rebuild. Only $99.00 if you remove it and ship it to them. Looks and works as good as new!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-LS400...sQ5fAccessories

Their website is: www.autoecu.com

Use this tutorial to remove the HVAC controller. Easy! Just follow instructions to remove it.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/cl...eLCDscreen.html

Trust me, you'll like it!

Dave G