Nav: Turn Off Individual Poi

Yes. You can show up to (I think) five different icons. Use the route preference button at the bottom of the screen, then select POIs, and you can select individual categories to turn on or off.

Thank you for the reply, but I suspect that won't work while driving. :(

Is there an equivalent voice command like "POI off"?

Sorry--it's "Map View". Do it before you drive off. I've never learned the voice commands--it's just not worth the hassle.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry--it's "Map View". Do it before you drive off. I've never learned the voice commands--it's just not worth the hassle.

What you don't like saying "rest areas" and getting "thai food"? :P

What you don't like saying "rest areas" and getting "thai food"? :P

I thought the question was how to turn them off? [plus, you are assuming that the nav hears me correctly, which I have found is a big leap]

I thought the question was how to turn them off? [plus, you are assuming that the nav hears me correctly, which I have found is a big leap]

That was the goal, but I was poking fun at the fact the NAV sometimes picks completely random things to interpret what I say to it :)

That was the goal, but I was poking fun at the fact the NAV sometimes picks completely random things to interpret what I say to it :)

Make sure you don't have the center a/c / heater vents blowing at the rearview mirror. The air coming out can blow on the microphone and it gets that turbulant wind sound that distorts your voice. And also just talk normal. Don't try to slow your speech or over pronounce your commands. Since I learned that, I rarely have any problems anymore. I love the command "I'm hungry." LOL!!