Radio Bulb

camlex

Hello,

May be i posted earlier, but i like to fix this problem.

At night, i can see only AM and FM lights in radio. No cassette, or CD. it's possible to replace bulb.

When i called Stealer for bulb part no, He mentioed, i need to replace whole CD player.

Needs your help.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

May be i posted earlier, but i like to fix this problem.

At night, i can see only AM and FM lights in radio. No cassette, or CD. it's possible to replace bulb.

When i called Stealer for bulb part no, He mentioed, i need to replace whole CD player.

Needs your help.

Thanks in advance.

You need to replace the LCD.

i have replaced bulbs in other radios but not the one you are refering to.. usually if you are (VERY) tallented at disassembling electronics and very good at soldering it is possible.. SOMETIMES THE VOLTAGE IS NOT 12V ......

and those itty bitty bulbs can be hard to find... and install .... just remember its like one incredible puzzle; it will go together but only one way and that is if you did not break anything getting it apart...i would say good luck even if you are very experienced..

i have replaced bulbs in other radios but not the one you are refering to.. usually if you are (VERY) tallented at disassembling electronics and very good at soldering it is possible.. SOMETIMES THE VOLTAGE IS NOT 12V ......

and those itty bitty bulbs can be hard to find... and install .... just remember its like one incredible puzzle; it will go together but only one way and that is if you did not break anything getting it apart...i would say good luck even if you are very experienced..

I'm afraid I would have to agree. I have several years experience in electronics and soldering. I replaced all 17 of the tiny backlighting bulbs behind the buttons in my factory radio. It was very tedious work and after completing the two day project I found that, because the new bulbs were just very slightly bigger (length-wise) than the old ones, they caused some of the buttons to not function properly. :angry: There is also a delicate multi-stranded ribbon cable inside the radio that connects the front display circuit board (the one with all the bulbs) to the main circuit board inside the radio chassis. So, you must be VERY careful not to damage that ribbon cable in any way while working inside the radio...or else you're hooped. :cries:

the solution to replace the radio bulb (aka LCD) is here on this website. you need to search the right post. someone had posted the exact instructions with pictures on how to remove the radio and AC control as 1 unit. afterward, you can remove the radio portion and pull the LCD out. this post was about 1-2 years ago. it should still be here. if i remember correctly, that post also include the part # and source for the LCD which can be bought at an electronic store. the LCD is about $100. just need to do a little search.

i think i was able to pull my radio - AC unit out within 10 minutes. you have to pry the center vent and the plastic benzel under the AC control out with a small piece of metal, not knife. afterward, you will see 4 bolts (8 or 10 mm sockets) mounting the unit in place. remove the 4 bolts and the entire unit will come out. be careful when pulling the unit out. the wires need to be unplugged from the back of the unit. with the unit out on a table, you can easily see how to remove the front black cover. afterward, you will have the access to pull out the broken radio bulb (LCD).

should not take more than an hour to replace the LCD

I don't know why, but I did opened radio, I needs to replace IL907 bulb. bad thing is, I needs to solder that bulb. I put it back and radio still working as use to....

Talk to Manufacturer, cost of bulb is $10 and shipping is $10. vs whole panel with 12 bulb was $76(you don't needs to solder anything).

Car has 351,562 miles, might I will leave this project unfinished.

Thanks for everyone's input.

people who have original pioneer radio,

at night time my radio only light up AM and FM/FM1 buttons.(Radio Off)

please check yours and will you please let me know which other buttons in your car lighting up.

Thanks,

please check yours and will you please let me know which other buttons in your car lighting up.

Thanks,

AM - FM - Tape - CD buttons are lit with radio off.

Pressing a button selects that mode and turns the stereo on.

-

With the radio off, the backlight around the big Power/Volume knob should light up, plus the AM, FM, TAPE, and CDcdm buttons. Oh, and also along the opening for inserting a cassette tape.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally those bulb arrived yesterday. 0.20 a piece +8.95 shipping i did order 12.

That was not that hard, i did replaced 5 bulb.

as lexucan mentioned " With the radio off, the backlight around the big Power/Volume knob should light up, plus the AM, FM, TAPE, and CDcdm buttons. Oh, and also along the opening for inserting a cassette tape. "

all buttons lighting up again. Only bad thing happened, was lost one socket behind ashtr./ lighter.

How to recover?

Thanks,

• 1 year later...