Headlights Lopsided?

ravig292

my 2000 ls400 headlights are lopsided because one is points a little up and the other is kind of lower. i know its not the xenon problem cause the daytime lights do the same. do the lights need to be adjusted.

There are two adjustment screws on the back of each headlight unit which are supposed to be turned the same number of turns when adjusting the headlights. Getting to the adjustment screws requires removing some trim, etc. in the engine compartment. The percentage of low beam declination is stamped on the top of your headlight units. The gas tank should be full when adjusting. It's a science to properly adjust headlights and especially critical on a car with HID headlights. The 2000 LS400 repair manual has details and drawings describing the adjustment procedure.

There are two adjustment screws on the back of each headlight unit which are supposed to be turned the same number of turns when adjusting the headlights. Getting to the adjustment screws requires removing some trim, etc. in the engine compartment. The percentage of low beam declination is stamped on the top of your headlight units. The gas tank should be full when adjusting. It's a science to properly adjust headlights and especially critical on a car with HID headlights. The 2000 LS400 repair manual has details and drawings describing the adjustment procedure.

do i have remove that bar that goes across from one end to the other because its blocking my way in

do i have remove that bar that goes across from one end to the other because its blocking my way in

What do you mean "that bar"? We have the same car and I don't see any "bar".

You will have to remove the snap in trim between the battery and the headlight on the driver side and the duct work for the air intake on the passenger side. The trim between the battery and the headlight is held in place by only one plastic trim plug -- easily broken so be gentle.

Could be that the left light is aimed a bit lower than the right. If you notice, upon passing an oncoming car that your light pattern is just below the window of the other car.. At least mine are. My wife thinks it is a bit out of "focus" but..... What do i know.??

What do you mean "that bar"? We have the same car and I don't see any "bar".

You will have to remove the snap in trim between the battery and the headlight on the driver side and the duct work for the air intake on the passenger side. The trim between the battery and the headlight is held in place by only one plastic trim plug -- easily broken so be gentle.

oh okay thanks i got it.