Disable Front Seat Adjustment Motors

I bought an IS350 with the premium package and am very happy with it. I noticed days after my purchase that I don't have simple memory settings for my seats, which after paying 43k was kind of a downer. After much tweaking and refining of my seat settings, I really don't want anybody who sits in my seat to mess around with the settings. Is there any way I can disable the electricity going to the motors in the seats? Is there possibly a specific fuse I could remove to do the job and not disable any other systems? Thanks

You really want to disable your power seat? <_<

So whats going on? Are you parking on the street with your car unlocked and random passersby sit in your drivers seat and change the seat position?

I would think what you want to do would be a huge safety issue. What if someone has to drive your car ... like a mechanic, porter, parking lot attendent, family member, etc. and couldn't adjust to seat so he or she could drive your car safely. You want to be sued?

Then there are the warranty issues.

And what do you mean when you said that you noticed a few days after you purchased the car that it didn't have seat position memory? Were you blindfolded when you bought the car?

Just when I think I've heard everything, then I hear something like this.

Memory seats are only in the Lux Pkg and Sport Pkg.

But--don't you think that is kind of a nuclear option? I mean, the valet is only going to move the seat back. Is it really that hard to move it back to find the original position it was in afterwards??

Yeah it can be a real PITA to adjust the seat after a mech or someone has moved it like all the way forward or back, etc. However I'd rather put up with that occasional problem than to not be able to adjust for comfort and readjust as on taking a long trip.

Well the reason I ask this is because I don't want car wash people, valet people, service people... moving it for their 1 minute of comfort or convenience. I'm thinking that I may just disable it before taking it to such places, then re-enabling the seats for any minute adjustments I may need to make on longer trips. However, if this brings up some liability issues, I would like to be made aware of that and possibly forget about doing this if it exists.

You really want to disable your power seat? <_<

So whats going on? Are you parking on the street with your car unlocked and random passersby sit in your drivers seat and change the seat position?

I would think what you want to do would be a huge safety issue. What if someone has to drive your car ... like a mechanic, porter, parking lot attendent, family member, etc. and couldn't adjust to seat so he or she could drive your car safely. You want to be sued?

Then there are the warranty issues.

And what do you mean when you said that you noticed a few days after you purchased the car that it didn't have seat position memory? Were you blindfolded when you bought the car?

Just when I think I've heard everything, then I hear something like this.

To answer one of your questions, I noticed this the day after i purchased the car as its not one of the first things that comes to one's mind when just buying the car. I simply assumed it would be included because the dealer told me I have the premium package. The car being a Lexus, i would have expected it to have simple memory seats as is standard on such models on the ES and has been for the past 10 years.

Well the reason I ask this is because I don't want car wash people, valet people, service people... moving it for their 1 minute of comfort or convenience.

This not just a comfort/convenience issue -- it is a safety issue. Do you want a mechanic to take your car for a test drive at highway speeds without him adjusting the seat so he can reach the brake pedal? You are the kind of person my attorney friends love.

To answer one of your questions, I noticed this the day after i purchased the car as its not one of the first things that comes to one's mind when just buying the car. I simply assumed it would be included because the dealer told me I have the premium package. The car being a Lexus, i would have expected it to have simple memory seats as is standard on such models on the ES and has been for the past 10 years.

Seat memory has never been standard on the Lexus ES or IS or RX. It is not standard on the 2009 ES350: http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/detailed_specifications.html

Seat memory was an option when my next door neighbor and I purchased our first LS cars -- it was an expensive option and both of us passed on it.

I was surprised that the seat memory on the last Lexus dealer loaner car I had didn't even control the head rests -- they had to be manually adjusted buy pulling up or pushing down on them. It was an RX or ES -- don't remember which.

I use a check list to ensure that cars I buy have the options I want. I literally verify that the car has each option and check the option off the list. I even keep a running check list planning for my next car purchase.

You should also know that the "Premium Package" on Lexus cars is a lower level "first tier" option package -- it has always been that way.

The Premium Package on the current IS350 includes only the following:

"Premium Package with Additional Option $1,670.00

Premium Package includes:

- Interior wood trim

- Perforated leather-trimmed interior

- Heated and ventilated front seats

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but it sounds like you had no idea about the car you purchased.

Sounds to me like you just want to argue here. I'm asking this question on the forum simply to form an opinion about what others think about this situation. You're taking a very hostile position on the topic and should really step it down a notch. The position of my seat took me several days to finely tune and literally hundreds of miles of driving as I have issues with my back.

Welcome to the forum. One of the responsibilities of forum users is to try to provide sound advice -- whether or not others want to hear it. Trying to prevent someone from doing something dangerous to others is part of being a good citizen. Are you a good citizen?

And I used to think it was only BMW drivers that were arrogant *BLEEP*s.

Could we possibly respond to the OP's question with something like "well, you might want to reconsider, as perhaps you haven't thought about possibility X,Y, or Z..."? No we have to pile on and say just how stupid could you be to ask such a question.

Amazing display of humanity. Nice job guys.

And I used to think it was only BMW drivers that were arrogant *BLEEP*s.

Could we possibly respond to the OP's question with something like "well, you might want to reconsider, as perhaps you haven't thought about possibility X,Y, or Z..."? No we have to pile on and say just how stupid could you be to ask such a question.

Amazing display of humanity. Nice job guys.

Thanks a lot man.