Wagner Brakes And Rotors..?

I used Brembo disks and Akebono pads. I have over 75k miles on that setup. Seems to be as good as the original Lexus pads which went an easy 80k miles.

I personally use Akebono ceramic pads with Centric premium rotors http://www.mdparts.com/pictures/brake-discce120.44088.jpg ...they have a cross-hatching on the surface to prevent/reduce squeal and fade. They've worked nicely for me, and they were inexpensive.

do you know if they last as long as the brembo rotors or do all rotors last about the same amt of time?

kinda new at this sorry for the way rookie question.

Chriss

The wagner thermo quiets are great pads, Have them on my Ford F150. However the Akebono Ceramics and Brembo disk have gone 80k so far and I still have about 1/4 inch of pad left. I am very happy with this life span. I have never had any car go this long on a set of pads.

How long rotors last isn't really the question, for they are recommended to be changed out with the brake pads (newer rotors are not recommended to be 'turned' because they are thinner and lighter than older rotor designs). The bigger question is how stable the rotors will be over the life of the pads... are they prone to warping (depending on design and materials used), are they prone to skinning and causing squeal and brake fade (depending on surface conditions)?

For the most part, if you get a good rotor/pad combination, and stick with the same pads and replace them and maintenance your calipers at each replacement, your rotors will likely last the life of the vehicle (barring some clear failure that scores or warps the rotor, like a seized caliper)... any good quality rotor will. What you don't want to do is start switching pad type/brand during replacements with the same rotor, for the pads embed and seat themselves into the rotor, and if you replace the pads with a different type at a different time, you could get squeal and fade from the dis-similar materials interfacing against each other.

All in all, what ever pad/rotor combination you get, stick with it over the life of the vehicle if you just change out pads from there out. You can go OEM (which I think you already have), or a match of good rotors and reputable pads. Either way I think you'll be pleased.

• 7 months later...