Sc 430 Replacement Tires

cwhtrains

So which exact model should i buy? size, etc.?

Thanks.

I'm going 18", stock rims, and OEM-size Pirelli P-Zero Nero's. From what I've read and reviewed on TireRack, they seem to offer a great value for the $$$, excellent performance, and, ultimately, a better riding SC430!

Lexus should be beaten for allowing such crappy tires on a world-class automobile.

Look at "Falken" tires on the internet, your size on factory rims is 245/40/18. The ZIEK-512 has won several awards for quality, noise etc. Very nice looking & reasonable price,I have them on a 96 SC-300, Ill put them on my 430 when time comes.

I have finally gotten around to having the other two tires replaced and now all four tires are runflat Dunlop SP Sport 5000M DSST Ctt.

All I can say is it is now a great car to drive. I was thinking of getting rid of the car I was so disgusted with how it drove with the Bridgestones, but after taking a 250 trip last week with all four new tires, all I can say is what a huge difference in ride comfort, handling and traction.

The car drove great in the rain for 70 miles on the way home, no skidding feeling as before, plus I was able to cruise in the rain at 70+ mph and still feel like I had great traction.

I am up to 33,000 miles now on the car.

Clayton

• 1 month later...
Wow!  thanks for the input, Bly!  If you have the exact address that you wrote to, could you post it in this forum?  I would love to write to them and get in on some of that customer-satisfaction $$$.  I plan on buying the spare tire kit from Lexus, so that would certainly help defray some of the cost.

You mentioned the performance that you get with your Conti's in the snow and rain, but are they relatively quiet and do they smooth out the bumps and potholes well compared to the run-flats?  I'm also assuming that you are not experiencing any more of the pulling and sidewall steering as you did with your old tires.

Your post gave me renewed faith that yanking those run-flats will make life with the SC a lot more pleasurable!  Thanks again.

Thanks for all the great info ref the hard ride with the run flats. I have owned the full gamut of cars over the yrs including mcds, bmws and the like. The SC is a design work of art and the ride is substandard. I must attribute the poor ride, somewaht on the run flat tires, which I plan to replace. I am hopefull that an upgrade on the tires will return one of the most beautifully designed cars, insdie and out, to the status that it deserves.

Any suggestions on replacement options and will Lexus take and credit the substandard run flats?

Thanks, :angry:

BT

For anyone who may have stumbled onto this post looking for SC tire recommendations, check out my recent post on the Fuzion ZRi tire. Every mile with them makes me happier, but my biggest smile comes from having paid just $125 each for this amazing tire. It sticks like glue in wet or dry weather, has a better treadlife than other ultra-performance tires, and is super quiet.

Gotta put my two cents in about tire installation. I had Firestone install my Fuzions. They ruined the tire pressure sensors, and had to replace them at a cost of $130 each. Then Lexus had to reinitialize the sensors at a cost of $100 (paid by Firestone). That still didn't solve the installation problems, however... Firestone over-tightened the valve stems that caused two O-rings to fail, resulting in TWO tires not holding pressure.

My recommendation: think twice before getting non-Lexus installation. Go buy yourself some Fuzions online (tirerack.com) and have them drop-shipped to your local Lexus dealer.

For those who worry about flats without a spare, Lexus Roadside Assistance had a tow truck to me within 15 minutes. If your Assistance program has expired, AAA is a perfect alternative at just $45 per year.