Engine Mods

i was looking at programmers but i dont know what to buy and suggestions??

for what its worth, i recommend the swift racing tech (srt) high flow intake and race ecu. look to pay about $600. i have one on my 02gs300 and love it. easy install with noticeable performance increase. you will hear it, but its not too bad.

for what its worth, i recommend the swift racing tech (srt) high flow intake and race ecu. look to pay about $600. i have one on my 02gs300 and love it. easy install with noticeable performance increase. you will hear it, but its not too bad.

this wont control engine ONLY piggy backs ecu for air/fuel....and does NO good without SRT intake.

this wont control engine ONLY piggy backs ecu for air/fuel....and does NO good without SRT intake.

no s@#$, that's why their sold together

The SRT intake and chip is fine if all you want to do is have a intake with some tuning for the intake. If you plan on adding other things such as exhaust and headers the Neo is far superior because you can get it tuned for your whole setup as opposed to just having a tuned for a intake.

well the OP asked about a programmer....and since you apparently aren't all that bright....the SRT ecu ISN'T a programmer! its just a ecu made to use with the intake....IT IS NOT NOR WILL EVER BE A PROGRAMMER!

well the OP asked about a programmer....and since you apparently aren't all that bright....the SRT ecu ISN'T a programmer! its just a ecu made to use with the intake....IT IS NOT NOR WILL EVER BE A PROGRAMMER!

you know what my friend, you can kiss my !Removed!! what goes around, comes around. i have been reading a lot of your posts since becoming a member and you are the most arrogant S.O.B. on the forum and typically insult people on a regular basis. you may be (i use the words may be lightly) knowledgable, but you need to get over yourself. no wonder you have been suspended from posting many times before. have a nice day !Removed! head!!

In addition genius, if you look at the OP's original message he asks about programmers or ecus in the message title.

you know what my friend, you can kiss my !Removed!! what goes around, comes around. i have been reading a lot of your posts since becoming a member and you are the most arrogant S.O.B. on the forum and typically insult people on a regular basis. you may be (i use the words may be lightly) knowledgable, but you need to get over yourself. no wonder you have been suspended from posting many times before. have a nice day !Removed! head!!

In addition genius, if you look at the OP's original message he asks about programmers or ecus in the message title.

hahaha....im sure your heading towards a suspension you keep it up talking like that...does mommy know you have a potty mouth? yeah ecu's....like ones he can use to modifyin the paramiters of the motor...the srt wont do that, its set for air fuel mixture ONLY and only when used with the srt intake...if your gonna talk atleast make sure you know what your talking about my friend and on that note...only been suspended once, i learned my lesson after that sir. hopefully you'll learn yours as i hope you know i did report that post :)

That's enouph of the personal attacks. Stick to the topics. Sakataj you've been warned clearly before.

That's enouph of the personal attacks. Stick to the topics. Sakataj you've been warned clearly before.

um wth man? i love how your turning this on me....i report it for his childish antics and now your yelling at me bout it? i was sticking to the topic....i didnt attack ne1 and was answering the OP

um wth man? i love how your turning this on me....i report it for his childish antics and now your yelling at me bout it? i was sticking to the topic....i didnt attack ne1 and was answering the OP

I'm not turning anything on anyone. You were both warned. But you went thru this before. tijr1 made a perfectly ok suggestion that was initally attacked by you. He was warned for how he reponded to that attack. And you were just warned for your part.

I'm not turning anything on anyone. You were both warned. But you went thru this before. tijr1 made a perfectly ok suggestion that was initally attacked by you. He was warned for how he reponded to that attack. And you were just warned for your part.

i'll just pm you so we can get this back on topic for the OP

It's all going to depend on what your looking to do with the motor. If your thinking forced induction, ie. turbo or supercharger, then AEM and Haltech are going to be your best bets. They both have a good support network and alot of tuning shops are familiar with their setups and maps for tuning. even the PB AEM (which I used on my IS 300 when I put the turbo on was excellent. Idle was perfect, and the ECU take over was almost seemless, but not perfect. If you run a full stand alone then it's perfect, but the stand alone can get pricey. I don't know if you know or will be doing your own tuning or if you have a shop your using. But typically, if your installing a turbo or sc, then I would just have them do the ecu work as well. And let them install the ECU they are familiar with for tuning. I've had some experience with Unichip and Super Chips. But those are different piggy back platforms than what I was talking about with AEM and Haltech. If your not going fi, then I wouldn't really bother with this, and djspawns suggestion of the Apexi Neo is a great idea. It's more of a monitoring system than a programmer, but it's much better than nothing at all. And the SRT suggestion is also a good alternative, as it does alter the AF settings somewhat to accomadate the intake set up they have, but it isn't adjustable for any other mods you may be looking at, not that I actually think you need to if all your going to do is exhaust and intake anyway. And if your looking for a handheld ECU programmer that you just hook into your ODB II port and download altered settings like say on a Ford, to my knowledge, they don't exsist for Toyota, Nissan, Honda and the likes.