Check Engine Light, Coincidence?

osetleo

On Sunday while washing my wife's RX 300 99 I noticed the speakers do not work. The original radio/player unit seemed to work otherwise and the disks were spinning, just no sound from speakers. Later that day I reset fuses and the speakers started working.

The next morning the Check Engine light showed up. Frankly speaking I may have reset some other fuses, as I could not see very well in the garage, and did not hit the Radio 1 and Radio 2 fuse immediately.

I reset the code by taking the negative cable from the battery, but the Check Engine light came up again, while driving today. Otherwise the car seemed working fine.

I will get to AutoZone to check codes today or tomorrow, but meanwhile does somebody have any ideas what I could have reset to get this.

Really appreciate your respond.

Thank you.

possibly a coincidence... let us know what code comes up...

I just called to AutoZone, wanted to rent one for the test (like I did just half a year ago). Apperantly, in our area they don't check codes for free and they don't rent out OBD scanners. The only option is to buy with no return.

Any suggestions on the scanner?

On the way home tonight I stopped by at Pep-Boys to look at the OBD2 readers. There were 2 technicians charting and ask them if they will be kind enough to check codes for me for free. So, they did.

Here are the codes they retrieved:

P1133, P1135, P1153, P1155.

I realized that it probably not realistic that I lost sensors in 2 banks at the same time. So, the common to these codes could be fuse 19 (25A). I pulled the fuse and it visually looked normal. Then I checked it on multimeter while I was holding it in my hand and it was good again. I put it on the table and (I don't know why) decided to check conductivity again. It was open!!! Then I took a big magnifying glass and noticed a tiny crack in the plastic, while the wire did not have visible damage. I replaced the fuse, reset the codes and... there are no Check Engine light after I drove for 15 minutes.

Tomorrow wife has her car back.

I think when I reset radio fuse I could have touched this fuse and may be moved it from its sitting position (10years). Weard?

I would like to thank everyone for your replies and help.

Thank you.