Bra For 2002 Es

leonmot

my advice would be not not get one.

These leather or leatherlike bras will actually do more damage to the paint in the long run than the immediate protection from rocks and pebbles.

They rub against the paint and cause micro scratches as well as start to dull the paint. Moister gets trapped under the bra and will help facilitate the damage.

If you are looking for paint protection, then consider the clear 3M film product.

steviej

my advice would be not not get one.

These leather or leatherlike bras will actually do more damage to the paint in the long run than the immediate protection from rocks and pebbles.

They rub against the paint and cause micro scratches as well as start to dull the paint. Moister gets trapped under the bra and will help facilitate the damage.

If you are looking for paint protection, then consider the clear 3M film product.

steviej

Thanks for the reply. I have a number of chips so the clear film won't do much good. If I decide to have it repaint I will put the clear on it. Thanks again.

hello,

i got a bra for my 04 es, bought it hat the lexus dealer, about 180.00. car is dark blue with a lot of chips and a dent on the hood. 90% of everything bad is covered up. i take it off a few times to a year wash and wax and don't have any problems. I'm happy with it, had car over 100 m.p.h. with no problems.

tim

hello,

i got a bra for my 04 es, bought it hat the lexus dealer, about 180.00. car is dark blue with a lot of chips and a dent on the hood. 90% of everything bad is covered up. i take it off a few times to a year wash and wax and don't have any problems. I'm happy with it, had car over 100 m.p.h. with no problems.

tim

:) Excellent reply. Just the information I was looking for as I have seen a Lexus dealer on Ebay selling a bra for about $150.00 I just didn't want to spend the money and have problems. The chips and dings IMHO really mar the appearance of my car and repainting would be an option but then it would happen again. Thank you so much for the real world view.

leon

hello,

tim

:) Excellent reply. Just the information I was looking for as I have seen a Lexus dealer on Ebay selling a bra for about $150.00 I just didn't want to spend the money and have problems. The chips and dings IMHO really mar the appearance of my car and repainting would be an option but then it would happen again. Thank you so much for the real world view.

leon

Keep in mind, if you're getting an unusual number of stone chips on your hood, you must be getting some of them hitting the windshield. A bra won't protect your windshield. If you look closely, you'll prolly find some mini pitting of the glass. Dropping further back from the traffic in front of you, especially transports, will minimize your exposure to not only road debris but parts coming off vehicles.