How Much For Brakes/rotors

Hi,

Any suggestions on how much brake & rotor replacements should cost? Lexus of Marin wants $1,400 which seems totally insane. I only have 20k miles on it, and they already replaced the front pads for free after 10k. I live in the hills of SF so I burn through brakes.

I'm thinking of replacing them myself...never done it, but looks simple & I'm mechanically inclined. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Why do you feel you need to replace the rotors? At 20k you shouldn't have to replace the rotors, only get them turned. And yes, you should always get them turned when replacing the pads.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Any suggestions on how much brake & rotor replacements should cost? Lexus of Marin wants $1,400 which seems totally insane. I only have 20k miles on it, and they already replaced the front pads for free after 10k. I live in the hills of SF so I burn through brakes.

I'm thinking of replacing them myself...never done it, but looks simple & I'm mechanically inclined. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

I just ordered new ones from Napa and costs me around $400.00 We will be doing them our selves as well. I am in Ohio and they wanted around 950 to do it here