What Should The Tire Pressuer Be On A Ls 460l?

• 5 months later...
Hi, any suggestions as to what sot of tire pressure I should keep in my 460 L AWD with 18 inch rims?

Does tire pressure impact ride and/or handling? Does tire pressure impact tire life?

Thanks

phil

IT DEPENDS ON THE TIRE ( BRIDGESTONE OR DUNLOP). I THINK THE BRIDGESTONE RIDES LITTLE FIRMER. ALSO, HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR RIDE. SOFT AND CHSHY OR LITTLE FIRMER TO FEEL THE ROAD LITTLE BETTER. OVERALL, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET THE KIND OF HANDLING FROM BMW. IT'S A DIFFERENT CAR FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA. I HAVE FOUND MY OPTIMUM RIDE PRESSURE AT 37/38 PSI COLD- FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. IT WILL WARM UP TO ABOUT 42-43 WHEN IT'S HOT.

I AM RIDING ON KUMHO PLATINIUM LX- WHICH IS BETTEER TIRE WHEN IT COMES TO HANDLING THAN DUNLOP. DUNLOP RODE VERY SOFT.

• 5 months later...
Hi, any suggestions as to what sot of tire pressure I should keep in my 460 L AWD with 18 inch rims?

Does tire pressure impact ride and/or handling? Does tire pressure impact tire life?

Thanks

phil

• 2 months later...

What does the label on the door frame say?

Air pressure definately effects ride and tire life...

Funny how no one checks this area for tire pressure they look at the tire and see the max or they use the standard 40psi..Also save your rotors check your wheel lug torques. 21 mm socket and a 40.00 dollar torque wrench. It is rare that any shop check this. On the 460 110 ft/lbs. Pre 460 95ft/lbs

• 10 months later...