Radio And Speaker

blackdog214

• 2 weeks later...

i have a1991 lexus ls 400. is there a fuse or relay for the speaker on the doors.i look at the amp it was plug up the sub wolfer play hard and so do the treeters on topof the door

As far as I know there is no separate fuse for the speakers, furthermore, if the tweeters are working, then there probably is a problem with the speaker themselves, since the tweeters are wired to the radio together with the front speakers.....meaning, if there was a wiring problem with the front speakers....the tweeters would not be working either. Are the speakers on both sides out?...it is highly unusual for both speakers to go bad at the same time....check the balance, bass and treble settings, if the bass is all the way down and the trebles is all the way up, it may sound like the bottom speakers are not working, since the tweeters will actually sound louder and are closer to your head level. If playing around with the audio settings won't help, then, I would take the speakers out.....test them, and if found defective, replace them. Let me know how it goes! HERE IS A LINK ON HOW TO REMOVE THE DOOR PANELS...SO YOU CAN TAKE OUT AND TEST THE SPEAKERS.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/fdoorpanel.html

One more comment if I may. I've owned this car (93 LS400) for 2 months now, and there's not a week that goes by that I don't find a couple more things wrong with it. This may end up being a short love (hate) affair. After re-setting the airbag light, replacing the tail light bulb (have to remove the whole light assy for that)Fog light bulb, Oh and I did the EGR pipe "ball buster". And now I've got to replace the rear axle carrier arm bushings. But the ash tray and cup holder do have a good feel to them.

My 93 has the same problem. Sub works, and one speaker and tweeter.All the other speakers are dead. Car has been babied by two previous owners and the CD player was rarely used. Oh, :angry: that doesn't work either...............................just ERR !!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that's real quality.