Loud Beep On Startup

1994 GS 300 with approximately 197000 miles.

Loud beep (single, lasts about 3 seconds) when I start the car. As soon as the car starts the car goes beeeeeeeep. It is loud!. I checked the sunroof and that's not it. This is a single loud beep.

I suspect whether this has something to do with jumpstarting this car a week ago. The battery was drained and I had to jumpstart it using my other car battery as the source.

I haven't noticed anthing unusual about the car so far except for the beep. The beep happens every time I start the car and it began after I jumpstarted the car.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

I would say you have a stealth radar detector which will make that noise on start up.

I don't have one in my car. I brought the car used. I would assume that if the previous owner put a detector in there it should be visible, right? Do people conceal them? If so where would it most likely be?

Thanks.

I would say you have a stealth radar detector which will make that noise on start up.

u sure? he said he didn't have this noise till AFTER he jump started the car. so since he owned the car before and it didnt do it i would think otherwise....maybe he could record the noise or make a video and load it on here so we all can see!

u sure? he said he didn't have this noise till AFTER he jump started the car. so since he owned the car before and it didnt do it i would think otherwise....maybe he could record the noise or make a video and load it on here so we all can see!

I will try to do that.

Thanks.