1354 Code

samuelo

On my 99 rx300 2wd i got 10 codes for ignition coil and bad spark plugs after i replaced all 6 coils and the spark plugs now i only get i code which is >>>>>1354 MANIFACTURE CONTROL IGNITION SYSTEM OR MISFIRE<<<<<<< i have no clue what this means and don't know what to do next i spent one whole day replacing those coils and spark plugs but the check engine light is still on. !!!!!!GOOD PEOPLE !!!!!! please help me to solve this problem possibly step by step. Regards ::cries: ( :(

On my 99 rx300 2wd i got 10 codes for ignition coil and bad spark plugs after i replaced all 6 coils and the spark plugs now i only get i code which is >>>>>1354 MANIFACTURE CONTROL IGNITION SYSTEM OR MISFIRE<<<<<<< i have no clue what this means and don't know what to do next i spent one whole day replacing those coils and spark plugs but the check engine light is still on. !!!!!!GOOD PEOPLE !!!!!! please help me to solve this problem possibly step by step. Regards ::cries: ( :(

Sam- Where did you get the the interpretation for the code: 1354? Like Lenore says, that code has to do with the VVT System Malfunction, Bank 2, which is the front bank, closest to you when you open the hood.

Dear code58

I see 2 valves on my right side back to back of eachother when the hood is open one in the back one in front the front one is the one what you are talking about right next to the battery? Thanks

Sam- Where did you get the the interpretation for the code: 1354? Like Lenore says, that code has to do with the VVT System Malfunction, Bank 2, which is the front bank, closest to you when you open the hood.

Two things, maybe the Oil control valve for the camshaft timing is bad....see item 19 in this drawing

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...playCatalogid=0

Second thought, you saw no sludge, I still wonder if the camshaft timing control valve is stuck, maybe from contamination. You could take it out and try to clean it and then put it back in....

post-12820-1234764335_thumb.png

Dear code58

I see 2 valves on my right side back to back of eachother when the hood is open one in the back one in front the front one is the one what you are talking about right next to the battery? Thanks

Sam- I think Lenore has given you the best suggestion for the next move. That is correct concerning the VVT oil control valves. The one near the battery. #19 in the link that Lenore posted.