Lexus Synthetic Engine Oil - 5w-40

mann777

Recently on business trip to Far East and Middle East, I walked into one of the Lexus Spares Centre in Dubai - Middle East, And surprisingly I saw Lexus Synthetic Engine Oil on the shelf , A gallon can costing 19/- $. So I asked the showroom manager is it newly introduced and he says no it has been for last 2 years, it was 5W-40 grade. specially formulated for LX Engines. So I asked him why these are not available in USA, He says the Highest sales for Lexus around the world for the last 3 years has been in Middle East with SUV taking the top spot. Hmm Is toyota loosing its market share in US Now I have not seen these product of Lexus branded Synthetic oil been sold across continent US or Canada, Here is a snap shot of it, Any reviews, I though of sharing with our GX members. Sound interesting.

post-21708-1233742773_thumb.jpg

I guess it is possible that Lex/Toy have been losing market share in the Large SUV market. The only sector that US makers are really strong were in the Pickup truck and Navigator/Tahoe style large SUV.

I think in that sector, that US makers were competitive in both price and quality.

• 2 weeks later...