Thinking Of Buying Is250

i need help i was wondering is IS250 RWD has navigation system... in British Columbia richmond or vancouver... and if so where would the dealership be a bit more friendly thx before hand

I am also in the market for an IS250 (09) and was wondering about prices. The cost of the one I am wanting is MSRP 40,775, but invoice is much lower in the 36+k range. What kind of dealing can I expect? I am hoping to do no worse than 37k. Is that possible? :)

Options:

Luxury Plus Package

Premium Package

Navigation

Preferred Accessory Package

Rear Spoiler

Thoughts??

My suggestion would be to buy it used. BUT, make sure that it is certified per-owned because then there won't be any doubts on the quality. I got a fantastic deal on my '06 IS 250 AWD by buying it certified pre-owned. Some people like buying new cars and I do too but once you drive the car off the lot.... the car's value drops $2,000 off the original price. Just my two cents, good luck guys! Hope you find a good deal because these are great cars.

+1 on picking up a gently used vehicle rather than brand new. i DID buy my 350 new, but it had been sitting on the dealer lot for a year...so they were much more willing to negotiate down. that is another option...search around and see what's sitting on the lots. the economy is making for great opportunities...if you are in a position to take advantage of it. :)

i need help i was wondering is IS250 RWD has navigation system... in British Columbia richmond or vancouver... and if so where would the dealership be a bit more friendly thx before hand

I am also in the market for an IS250 (09) and was wondering about prices. The cost of the one I am wanting is MSRP 40,775, but invoice is much lower in the 36+k range. What kind of dealing can I expect? I am hoping to do no worse than 37k. Is that possible? :)

Options:

Luxury Plus Package

Premium Package

Navigation

Preferred Accessory Package

Rear Spoiler

Thoughts??

Thoughts....

The IS250 is a full featured and cats-!Removed!-looking machine - sitting in your drive-way or zooming down the highway. Really nice vehicle. At 28+ MPG and an absolute fun machine to drive, it sports a nice ride for $36K+. Lexus dealers are "dealing".

I would probably would not opt for the NAV system again, but it provides a nice "resale" value.

For the price... I don't know what auto manufacturer offers more..

That's just my worthless opinion.

so ur car was brand new but it was in the lot for a yr? so im guessin u got ur car rite away?... ya i think im gnna try to do tht.. but the NAV looks realli nice cuz i get lost all the time -o-"

I have the nav, especially since the touch screen operates everything. - i like it. But to tell you the truth my wife's Garmin ($300) works much better and is easily updated.

Saw a brand new 2008 250 RWD (no nav) still sitting on the lot at Lexus of Northboro in Massachusetts. Likely to get a deal since that is a "southern car" - RWD configuration is a rare thing in the Northeast - could probably see it and deal on the internet. Also the nice thing about the RWD models is that they sit lower then the AWD models (the gap between the tire and the wheel well is a good 2 inches lower.

My suggestion would be to buy it used. BUT, make sure that it is certified per-owned because then there won't be any doubts on the quality. I got a fantastic deal on my '06 IS 250 AWD by buying it certified pre-owned. Some people like buying new cars and I do too but once you drive the car off the lot.... the car's value drops $2,000 off the original price. Just my two cents, good luck guys! Hope you find a good deal because these are great cars.

I thought about doing the used thing, but I found the certified prices to only be a couple of grand lower than the new one and I figured why wear someone else's underwear when I can have my own. :lol:

I also ran into some issues because now the wife wants the Ecru (Tan for normal people) interior and they say Lexus does not make that for this "region". He said we would have to special order to get the IS250 in Ecru and if we did the sales wienie said we would have to pay MSRP. So we will probably just go for the Sterling (grey to you and me).

I'll let you know what happens, but it looks like Sterling wins. the Nav is something she wants, but if I can get a Garmin for much, much less and it does a better job we may do that.

PS.. How does the stereo sound? i am not looking at the Levinson, but it does come with 13 speakers so it can't sond that bad.

FWIW, my wife just traded her 07 IS 250 AWD in for an 09 yesterday. Got an amazing deal. I think at least up here in the NW dealers are very willing to make deals, probably similar throughout the country now.

Haven't put the new stereo through its paces yet, neither car has the ML system, but the stock system is very adequate. New car has the ipod interface, which is cool, but even the old aux. jack in the console worked very well. With the ipod interface, we can charge the ipod and use the stereo controls to work the ipod.

We have a Garmin and are quite happy with it. Just doesn't seem like the nav is worth the cost. Took the Garmin up to the Canadian Okanogan for some wine tasting last November, and I was amazed how it even had wineries listed and took us right to them, even in fairly remote areas.