2004 Gx470 Engine Immobilizer System

masmyk

Hello Everyone!! I've been reading this board for about five days. I finally decided to sign up and ask for some help. I have a 2004 GX470. Bought it brand new. I lost one master key a few years ago. And, about 3 months ago the inside of the other master key fell out. I didn't know it until I went to get into the car. The key was cracked and it fell out while shopping and I had no idea. Long story short . . . the car would not start.

Called my husband, got the valet key and the car started. I've been having engine problems since this has happened. My car just shuts down while driving down the road. Nothing, dead. Let it sit for a couple of hours and it starts again. This went on for a couple weeks and now it will not even start.

It has been in the shop for 5 days. We do not have a local Lexus dealer. But, they are telling me that it is the Engine Immobilizer System. The car thinks that it has been stolen???? I am confused. Can the valet key trip something in the theft system???

Will this continue to happen driving with the valet key only??? Has anyone ever heard of this???

I am scared to death to drive my car out of town.

I called my Lexus dealer who is over an hour away and asked if they thought the engine was shutting down because of the valet key. They said absolutely not. The toyota dealer here says "yes"!!!

Any help would be soooooo appreciated!!!!

Thanx all!!!

The car should not shut down with the valet key, it has a immobilizer chip in it just like the other 2 keys. My guess is that the chip in the valet key is bad or the immobilzer computer is bad. Either way, you will need to pay the Lexus dealer a visit. Good Luck