Front/rear Body?

blipbleep

I just bought a used Lexus from a BWM dealer. The car was a trade-in and had a clean Carfax. When I registered it as the new owner on the Lexus owners website, I found an entry in the service history described as "Front/Rear Body". This entry was NOT included on the Carfax report.

Does anyone know what this service description means? I'm a bit worried that it means the car was in an accident that was not reported back to Carfax. The timing of the service is kind of odd looking too, since the car was at the dealer for normal looking service twice in the week before this "Front/Rear Body" entry:

Dealer Reported 04/10/2008 28241 miles #0660653 ENGINE OIL

Dealer Reported 04/10/2008 28241 miles #0660653 SPECIAL SERVICE CAMPAIGN

Dealer Reported 04/14/2008 28341 miles #0661213 OTHERS

Dealer Reported 04/14/200 28341 miles #0661213 WHEEL ALIGNMENT

Dealer Reported 04/18/2008 28415 miles #0661944 FRONT/REAR BODY

Has anyone seen this entry before or know what it means exactly? Please help - I'm worried that my new car might have been in an accident that I did not know about!

Thanks

Find the dealer and call for more info.It can mean anything.

generally in the US you have to show proof of ownership for a vehicle in order for most lexus dealerships to give you the detailed service sercords.

But, the lexus dealerships will likely have a detailed description of what work was done on your car.

also keep in mind, carfax only sees what was reported to the insurance companies, if accident damage was repaired without going through insurance then it's kinda hit or miss.

Find the dealer and call for more info.It can mean anything.

generally in the US you have to show proof of ownership for a vehicle in order for most lexus dealerships to give you the detailed service sercords.

But, the lexus dealerships will likely have a detailed description of what work was done on your car.

also keep in mind, carfax only sees what was reported to the insurance companies, if accident damage was repaired without going through insurance then it's kinda hit or miss.

I've called and asked my local Lexus dealership to fax me service information for various Lexus vehicles several times. They have never asked for proof of ownership. The service records do not contain any of the previous owner's information so I don't think there is any reason to.