Air Suspension

spxChrome

I just bought this 93 LS 400. Is there anyway to tell if it has the air-reid suspension? I have the power/normal switch by the gear shift but this is standard for all LS. It seems to be driving a little rough but I can figure out if the air suspsension is out because I don't even know if it has it. The manual was not included when I bought the car. I was told I could look under it but what would I be looking for?

thanks,

• 2 months later...

When you open the hood, look on the right coner by driver side, if you see some thing like the air pum that mean you have the air suspension. The swith does not work may be the strut fail. I do not know if there is a fuse for this thing. Please get more opinions from some one. I just say this cause my car is air suspension and it does have the air pum there.

Hi !

The power / normal switch by the gear shifter is the ECT POWER button for the engine. Gives you a little more get-up-and-go, Use sparingly, gas needle drops when overused.

If you have the computer-controlled air-ride suspension, you will notice under the hood a black protrusion from the top of each suspension mounting tower.

Whether yo have it or not, it's the best riding car ever made ! Invest in an owner's manual. Try e-Bay or any online car book site. Enter "1990 LS400 owner's manual" in GOOGLE and see what pops up !

Have fun !