1993 Ls 400 Dont Know How Fast I.m Going And Cusiue Control Dont Work

philly word

I NEED HELP ,,,,MY CUSIUE CONTROL STOP WORKING THE LIGHT COMES ON BUT IT WONT WORK,,PLUS I DONT KNOW HOW FAST I'M GOING HELP ,,CLUSTER IS GOOD BUT THE SPEEDMONEDER WONT MOVE.

SOUNDS LIKE A SPEED SENSOR PROBLEM. I HAD THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM WITH AN ACURA LEGEND MANY YEARS AGO. THE SPEED SENSOR SENDS INFORMATION TO THE COMPUTER AND THE CRUISE CONTROL MODULE GATHERS SPEED SENSOR INFORMATION ALSO. I WOULD START THERE.

yeah your speedometer sensor is in the trans extension housing. it is the rear most plug on the trans. it is very easy to check and replace. there is one 12mm bolt that holds it in. you should be able to get one from a junkyard. just be cool because some will not want to sell it to you because then they feel they cannot sell the trans. the first pic shows it and in the second pic it is on the right. if you go to lexls.com and look at the trans tutorial all you need to do is step 8 and step 15 but make sure you have an extra jack to support the trans. also a dealer will charge about $200 for this part.

post-82986-1231384297_thumb.jpg

post-82986-1231384308_thumb.jpg

yeah your speedometer sensor is in the trans extension housing. it is the rear most plug on the trans. it is very easy to check and replace. there is one 12mm bolt that holds it in. you should be able to get one from a junkyard. just be cool because some will not want to sell it to you because then they feel they cannot sell the trans. the first pic shows it and in the second pic it is on the right. if you go to lexls.com and look at the trans tutorial all you need to do is step 8 and step 15 but make sure you have an extra jack to support the trans. also a dealer will charge about $200 for this part.

For the poster, the tutorial you are referring to is found here:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/transmission/removal.html