1996 Ls400 Keys

astar617

Just bought a 96 LS400 (1st time owner). I only received what I believe to be a single master non-remote key (the head is wider at the keyring end, and tapers slightly toward the blade end... opens trunk). No separate remote fobs, no remote key with built in buttons... thus no means of controlling remote entry.

Can someone confirm whether a factory remote key was available for 1996 LS models, and if so, point me to a photo (or better, an inexpensive alternate source to the dealer)?

Thx

If you must have a remote key, not just a seperate fob, you might look at this kit from Mikado Technology (www.sammywu.com). I have it installed on my 92 LS and it works well. I am pretty sure they make one for the 96 LS, but call them to make sure.

Heck, it might even be cheaper than a replacement factory remote. It costs $135 for the receiver and 2 keys.

post-48798-1230584300_thumb.jpg

If you must have a remote key, not just a seperate fob, you might look at this kit from Mikado Technology (www.sammywu.com). I have it installed on my 92 LS and it works well. I am pretty sure they make one for the 96 LS, but call them to make sure.

Heck, it might even be cheaper than a replacement factory remote. It costs $135 for the receiver and 2 keys.

Thx for the suggestion. I'm not adamantly against a separate fob at all, but I'd rather have a built in remote key if both were available as factory options. Since I'm not looking for an aftermarket solution, looks like the separate fob is the way to go... just gotta wait foor a reasonably priced HYQWDT-C to pop up on eBay.

Thanks again :)

Thx for the suggestion. I'm not adamantly against a separate fob at all, but I'd rather have a built in remote key if both were available as factory options. Since I'm not looking for an aftermarket solution, looks like the separate fob is the way to go... just gotta wait foor a reasonably priced HYQWDT-C to pop up on eBay.

Thanks again :)

1pc 3button key/remotes weren't offered until 98 across the Lexus range.

1pc 3button key/remotes weren't offered until 98 across the Lexus range.

That's too bad, I just dislike the idea of having two fobs (factory keyless entry + aftermarket auto start) for one key. Not a complete dealbreaker though...

Anyways I just scored a used HYQWDT-C fob for under $35 shipped on eBay... not half bad. Should be here next week. Was gonna hold out and see if I could scoop one for under $30, but fumbling with my keys then playing the jiggle game (I guess my key blades are worn) during a Boston ice storm is getting old quick. :-)